Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a modified Metford 28 with Rawson in Googong, NSW

Page 1 of 1
My partner, Lucy and I have just commenced building a modified Metford with Rawson Homes in Googong, NSW. We started this process in mid-2017 and finally have commenced on our block. Taken a long time coming due to a a bazillion issues.

So, yesterday we had a surprise, the first sign that we are actually going to start building. Here is too a speedy 6 months.

And here are our floor plans if anyone is interested.

Good luck guys. Just pray your site supervisor doesn’t resign. It’s a F”ing nightmare.
I'm hearing you, trust me.... It's been a real rocky 6 months, but fingers crossed they are behind us. Our site manager Karl seems like a great bloke and has already got some stuff done. At this stage I'm prepared to give him a chance.
Site managers will not be resigning that often anymore with the building industry facing a very weak period ahead.
A lot of things have happened in the past few weeks. We have gone from clearing the block to slab, to frames (and dunny) arriving to 75% of the frames and trusses up to the commencement of brickwork.

While dealing with the office staff at Rawsons was a nightmare or Site Manager has been absolutely fantastic.

Hi TDR

How did you end up with this project? We are looking at buying a Metford 26 with Rawson but haven't signed anything yet. I also note you made some modifications to the plans can you tell me what they were? Thanks Meringa58
Related
24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

26/04/2024
Cost of building an acerage home (the hils, NSW)

Building A New House

having built on acres several times i suggest that you also need to add the cost of a sewerage system and any associated fencing, water tanks with associated extra…

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum