Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a new home

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I have settled on my land and I am building a new home. I am a first home buyer and unfortunately I went with a low deposit agent as this is our journey to home ownership

I signed the contracts months ago - these contracts presented to us by the 'marketing agent' aka the low deposit company was between us and the builder who offers a full turn key package.

so we are all settled and ready to go however when its come to me upgrading or variations, the builder has informed me that they need to get permission from the 'low deposit agent'. apparently they said if its okay or not.

I'm upset by this as I was not told that this would happen when I signed off or that the 'low deposit company' would have to be and stay involved throughout our build.

is this normal or even acceptable.

I have no contracts or signed documents saying this.

my contract is between me and the builder only
Wow really! I can't really offer any advice because I haven't had any dealings with an agency before. Although the builder should have a pre start payment plan for any upgrades that you want to add to the house. I find that strange that the builder has said that they need to check with the agency.
Hopefully, you can get a letter from the agent stating you are not a flight risk. Again I'm not 100% about this agency, we have in the past helped people get the frame, up than had it revalued by the bank to borrow extra for upgrades like tiles and fittings
sorry, I can't be more help!

Regards,
Dan
www.bespokebuildingconsultants.com.au
Instagram
@bespokebuildingconsultants
In WA we have Keystart which is a government agency that offers home loans and would suggest you have something similar, Keystart basically dont allow variations at all including if your paying them up front in cash, it is in all there loan documentation. Was there anything in your documentation at all?

Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum