Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolutio

Page 12 of 12
"Now we are talking!"

They have managed to rectify and lock up fairly quickly, from what I see.
Is it Hebel outside?

Will you be able to share the name of your new builder?
alexp79
"Now we are talking!"

They have managed to rectify and lock up fairly quickly, from what I see.
Is it Hebel outside?

Will you be able to share the name of your new builder?

Thanks AlexP

yes my builder has been pushing really hard. Some days he has had around 20 guys there and I dont think we have had a single day in the last few months with no work at all. Even this week he started insulation Tuesday and sheeting is now finished and joints are 99% set ( as of 30 mins ago). Keep in mind its a 438sqm home

Has a massive crew of gyprockers who normally do apartments. Should finish sanding by late next week and then tiling and painting the week after.

The builder is really small and only does word of mouth stuff. Company is called JM Build Pty Ltd. He has a really loyal crew of subbies that do all his work. cant fault anything

External walls are acrylic rendered commons
The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolution of each of the other parties concerns
Here are a few internal pictures:

Rum

pThe parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolution of each of the other parties concerns
YEE HAA
Hi,

Noticed this discussion when looking for fence details for my own home.

In relation to the AAC Panels:

Your defects primarily relate to poor workmanship/installation and the building process (ie. other trades working on floor, loading goods on floor etc) AAC is a very fragile product, and damages quite easily just moving a panel.

The cracking across a panel happens where a floor joist is higher or lower and when walked on will just crack. The steel mesh will hold the panel together. But some areas can deteriorate if repeat traffic occurs.

Joists can be 2mm out which could mean 4mm up or down from joist to joist, the panel just cracks.

The density of these products is around the 600kg/cubic metre, bricks around 1800kg/cubic metre.

There is a perception that AAC is as strong as concrete, bricks etc and perform as such.

Have fixed numerous jobs. For instance a hotel would encounter problems down corridors where cleaners repeatedly wheel house cleaning trolleys.

All brands of AAC encounter what you have experienced.
Related
17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum