Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Fairmont 35, hamptons facade

Page 6 of 6
We got a push back saying we can't carry out inspections nor can be allowed on site. We don't feel confident of our build anymore.. workmanship is poor and we are talking over half a million on this build....
Arma41_Sai
We got a push back saying we can't carry out inspections nor can be allowed on site. We don't feel confident of our build anymore.. workmanship is poor and we are talking over half a million on this build....

This is the complete opposite experience I had. I'm sorry to hear that.
Arma41_Sai

You have a legal right to visit your site and bring your own inspector, your builder is bluffing you.
Arma41_Sai

Hey Arma41_Sai, you should start your own thread, partly so you can show off your build, but also so your issues don't take over Rhetti's thread!

You're definitely allowed access. Check Clause 10 of your contract. If it's the same as mine, it should be section 10.3 (c). It covers you gaining access to inspect the works.

AllInspect are fantastic, so if you end up using them, they'll help you out tremendously.
Started framing up the new open slat pergola

Hey Rhetti,

I absolutely love your whole journey of planning to completing the build and landscaping. Its such a pleasure to read through it all. Your selections, the building design, facade, colors, pool and the landscaping all fits in so well and gives an amazing whole look to your new home. Congratulations !

We are building with Clarendon too. We will be building a modified Wentworth 35, that will end up being closer to 39 Sqs because of increased alfresco and some interiors. Our's will be a demo-rebuild too. Could I get some recommendation for demolition company your used please ?

We have just received our building approvals and finished tile selection. We will have colour selections and Electrical next week. I see that you got the Chandeliers and Down lights installed after the handover. At the Electrical selections, did you get anything done from Clarendon like prewiring etc ? I am new to the building process and am not entirely sure if the builder will need to do anything before the external electricians can come and install lights, fans, chandeliers etc. Also, did you get anything done for "media" room, say for e.g. ceiling speakers, control system etc ?

We have selected Grey Timber Look tiling for our build and are hoping it will look OK when fully laid.

Cheers, BrissyBloke
BrissyBloke
Hey Rhetti,

I absolutely love your whole journey of planning to completing the build and landscaping. Its such a pleasure to read through it all. Your selections, the building design, facade, colors, pool and the landscaping all fits in so well and gives an amazing whole look to your new home. Congratulations !

We are building with Clarendon too. We will be building a modified Wentworth 35, that will end up being closer to 39 Sqs because of increased alfresco and some interiors. Our's will be a demo-rebuild too. Could I get some recommendation for demolition company your used please ?

We have just received our building approvals and finished tile selection. We will have colour selections and Electrical next week. I see that you got the Chandeliers and Down lights installed after the handover. At the Electrical selections, did you get anything done from Clarendon like prewiring etc ? I am new to the building process and am not entirely sure if the builder will need to do anything before the external electricians can come and install lights, fans, chandeliers etc. Also, did you get anything done for "media" room, say for e.g. ceiling speakers, control system etc ?

We have selected Grey Timber Look tiling for our build and are hoping it will look OK when fully laid.

Cheers, BrissyBloke

Hey mate,

Thanks for the props. We are extremely happply with the build and the outcome. Clarendon were great to build with. You should have a really positive experience.

I've used Brad at QLD Demo for about three houses I've knocked over. He has always been really good - his number is 0499 988 848.
Keep in mind the sewer cap will cost about $350, electricity disconnection will be about $650 and the building permit to demo the house will be about $700 on top of the 20-25k for demo.

With the prewire, I had Clarendon run all the extra light switches I planned to have including the feature lights. I just got them to leave them as batten lights.

I also got the to run all the extra light fittings I wanted on the ground floor only. After hand over it is super tough to move lights on the ground floor due to no crawl space. However on the upper level it is super easy. When you have the electrical appointment ask them to mark up all the plans to have all batten lights offset from timber beams. Because LED lights are recessed, having the batten lights offset will make it easier for the electrician to switch the lights over without having to patch heaps of holes and repaint parts of the ceiling.

Our 'media' room was always going to become a home gym, so I didn't do anything to fancy in there.

Of you start a thread, let me know so I can follow you
Rhetti

Congrats with the build.... one quick question.

Regarding your landscape, after handover was it required of you have a survey done for the council to get your occupancy certificate?

thanks ..... very nice house btw.
edskii
Rhetti

Congrats with the build.... one quick question.

Regarding your landscape, after handover was it required of you have a survey done for the council to get your occupancy certificate?

thanks ..... very nice house btw.

Thanks! And no. The only survey I did was an ident survey to mark the boundary so the builder put the house in the right location.
thanks Rhetti
After 12 months of talking about it we are finally getting the front fence done.

I'm using White rhino PVC in Brisbane, installed by showcase landscapes.

I'll post more images as it progresses

Hi Rhetti I have really enjoyed reading your thread.

We are considering Clarendon for a single story home.

Any tips and tricks in regards the price negotiation process?

Up until the 20th of December for example the Lux range was 25k off, now in January when we will be ready to choose its back to normal, think they are flexible in regards to price matching from the previous month of deals?

Pool looks great, love the shape and the step area to sit around on, who did you use for the pool build?
Clarendon do promos all the time so there will be something come up. Call Trevor at the Pallara estate and he will let you know what's coming.

Good luck with the build ☺️

I used David from Mainstream Pools.
https://mainstreampools.com.au/
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum