Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Fairmont 35, hamptons facade

Page 1 of 6
Hi all,
We found our perfect block in the Redlands, 20km from Brisbane city and we have commenced our knock down rebuild.

We looked for ages and we have finally decided to build with Clarendon Homes. So far I’ve been nothing but impressed with the service from my consultant at Pallara.

I’m posting this in the hope of inspiring other people with similar design tastes to get exactly the house they want, especially the facade.

So let’s go....

We wanted a rear facing master bedroom and heaps of space for the buck. So, we decided to go with the Fairmont 35 with modifications. I’ll do a seperate post when the floor plans are finalised.

Facade was a big deal to us. We wanted a traditional looking home, with a hamptons twist. We sketched a few designs based on the Fairmont front elevation. Once we commenced our site investigations, we had a bit of back and forth with the drafting team who were really really accommodating. I’m pretty stoked with the final facade. We wanted the love child between Clarendons hamptons facade (seen at Pallara) and a traditional Queenslander.

So what (specifically) did we ask for:
- timber weatherboard upper;
- traditional windows on the front facade;
- hamptons style garage door (as seen on the Pallara display);
- two piece Corinthian timber front door (as seen on the Pallara display);
- double intersecting open street gables at the front facade. No front eave. The timber gable to be flush with the front building wall.
- the roof pitch to be increased from standard 22.5degrees to 27.5degrees (27.5degrees is the standard Queenslander gable roof pitch) *** update *** we had to settle for a 25degree roof pitch. 27.5deg exceeds our max 8.5m building height allowed. Damn!

The picture attached is what we ended up with..... very very happy 😃

[img:1cqyivcr]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1565477768.png[/img:1cqyivcr]
Great to see you start your thread!

That's a good looking facade, I look forward to seeing how it all progresses
Following, when does your build start?
alymei
Following, when does your build start?

Thanks for following.

I think between selections, lodging the BA etc about 6-8weeks?
KingTaco
Great to see you start your thread!

That's a good looking facade, I look forward to seeing how it all progresses

Thanks Kingtaco 😊
Looks good Rhetti, and so talented to come up with your own facade!
Signed off on the prelim floor plans today.
Notably, we removed the 5th bedroom on the upper level and turned it into a grand master, ensuite and large WIR. Other alterations include:
- Larger master bedroom window
- Free standing bath
- Increase in shower size
- Stacker sliders on the ground floor
- Other small additons ie. water point for the fridge etc.

PS. We are planning on getting some lockable barn doors for the master. That's why there is a big hamper with no door

That's an awesome Master... that'll be interesting to see the barn doors and how they end up

Are you going Ruby, Sapphire or Diamond inclusions?

If you haven't already, ask about pricing for extra windows if you like (eg WIP, living etc). The fixed pane windows are really pretty cheap and one might work ok in your WIP ($200 ish). I think for an extra double window in one of our rooms we're only paying a few hundred extra which is well worth it
Heya KT,
We went with Ruby, with a lot of upgrades. Raised ceilings, windows etc. Larger 2700w master bed window. Stone tops. Full height tiling etc etc. It worked better for us to do it that way.

I'm still considering a window in the WIP and a few other small changes.

I'm not totally sold on the barn doors. But my wife loves the idea and happy wife...
Hey all,

Now that the colour selection is completed and the building approval has been received, we are just waiting for the documentation to be finalised and we should have a commencement date. Clarendon are hoping to be on site before the end of April (weather permitting).

The old house is now demolished and the block has been cleared!

It getting a little real now. Woo!

Finalised floor plans and facade.

Just some minor changes to the upstairs bathroom layout. The consultant at Pallara actually came up with the idea to flip the bathroom to make the ensuite toilet separate and create a new WIL at the top of the stairs. A great use of floor space!

[img:3sdarlj1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1554844195.png[/img:3sdarlj1]

[img:3sdarlj1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1554844198.png[/img:3sdarlj1]
[img:3sdarlj1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1556792721.png[/img:3sdarlj1]
That's a clever way of making use of an otherwise dead end corridor!

Oh and after looking at inspiration for walk in robe designs, I'm even more jealous of your huge WIR
Tiling selection done. Generally warm, washed tones with a timber look high variation floor.

Bathrooms - Niches and feature wall in the ensuite are river pebbles with ultra white grout (like in the Metricon image below).
White pressed edge tiled walls to the ceiling.

Very very happy with our choices.

Can't wait for our build to start.

[img:95hay1sd]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1556347219.jpg[/img:95hay1sd]

[img:95hay1sd]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1556347229.jpg[/img:95hay1sd]

[img:95hay1sd]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1556347240.jpg[/img:95hay1sd]
Nice tile choices Rhetti. Those river pebbles should look stunning.
Hi there! Great post, and everything looks so lovely. I am building with Clarendon, and have yet to do the colour selections. I am nervous, because i don't want to have any regrets later. I'm going for the classic facade and want the hampton colours. Right now I'm faced with the choice for bricks and tiles. I'm thinking of whites and greys. Any advice for me please? I'm going with Ruby, with few upgrades since I'm on a tight budget. Thanks in advance 😊
Saika
Hi there! Great post, and everything looks so lovely. I am building with Clarendon, and have yet to do the colour selections. I am nervous, because i don't want to have any regrets later. I'm going for the classic facade and want the hampton colours. Right now I'm faced with the choice for bricks and tiles. I'm thinking of whites and greys. Any advice for me please? I'm going with Ruby, with few upgrades since I'm on a tight budget. Thanks in advance 😊

Honestly, we pinched most of our ideas off other builds and took heaps of photos to our colour appointment. We met with one of the consultants, Noreen Woolston, who must have a bit of experience in the Hamptons space.

We made a few suggestions and she steered us to alternatives that better suited what we actually wanted. For example, we had pre chosen a wall colour and when we showed her she explained that the particular type of grey in natural sunlight has a blue undertone coming through which was not at all what we wanted.

We feel very confident with all of our choices now because she was absolutely exceptional.

So I have no doubt you'll be fine
Day 2 of construction phase. Site cut done

Week 2

Fence up. Had about 50 piers installed due to sh+#ty soil test. Drainage and plumbing in. Property power pole installed.

Slab being poured Tuesday. Woot

We kept an old massive steel framed shed on the block when we demoed the original house. We decided to spend the weekend giving it a facelift to match the rest of the future house.

Removed the old crappy rusted roller doors. Replaced the corrogated at the front with timber weatherboard.
Made our own barn doors.

It's going to look great.

Can't wait to paint them and hang them.

More pics to come next weekend

Slab down!

Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum