Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first home build Sorrento 39 with Carlisle homes

Page 8 of 8
Are the colours on the balcony timber lapping, door and garage the same - they look great and look great with the pillars and house colour scheme
nyaskvjp
CarnTheHawks
The home is complete. Suggestion of defects (agreed/accepted) is a different matter. Nothing nefarious going on, or limited to this one builder.

You've got a lot of reading to do. WELL beyond the scope of this thread.

Do you work for Carlisle?

No
ronn
Are the colours on the balcony timber lapping, door and garage the same - they look great and look great with the pillars and house colour scheme

Thanks ronn! They are very similar color, garage door was little bit off because we coudn't find the exact match!

There were no big issues at the PCI, or we tried to not make a big scene. Actually there were few issues highlighted by our private inspector and his proposed solutions was not accepted by Carlise. For example there was a scratch mark on the bottom of the aluminium sliding door at the dinning area and our inspector said they have to completely remove and replaced the door due to it is impossible to repair the scratch at the spot. We thought forcing C to do that is bit too much at this stage and let the C to do the repair through A&L. We could have make a big scene out of some of these issue but be we choose not to chase them too much and settle on an acceptable solution to both parties.

It is great to hear that your house is coming to completion soon! Exciting times! We have moved in already and these days running around to organise curtain and blinds , electrical stuff like down lights and outdoor lights and new furniture etc etc...
Hi Ramee

Congratulations for a beautiful house. Can I ask you if Carlisle used hebel just on ground floor or the whole house had been done with hebel?
Rohit1
Hi Ramee

Congratulations for a beautiful house. Can I ask you if Carlisle used hebel just on ground floor or the whole house had been done with hebel?

Hope you don't mind me answering.
When they use hebel, it's full house.
Thanks

We are looking to build double storey home. I went to a different builder and they are saying that they cannot do hebel for the first floor if the house floor plan is not a box.
Rohit1
Thanks

We are looking to build double storey home. I went to a different builder and they are saying that they cannot do hebel for the first floor if the house floor plan is not a box.

Builders can.
But it involves more steel, design costs & complications.
Carlisle do more of the 'box on box' designs.

Full brick (brick the whole way up)
or
40 course (40-42-ish rows of brick, rendered foam above)
or
Hebel

Other builders do more traditional, older style, cladding instead of foam.

All depends on one's tastes.
Thanks CarnTheHawks

Looks like you have lot of knowledge about building.

Can I ask for a suggestion?

Me builder is offering me two options:- brick on ground and render foam on first floor or hebel on ground floor and render foam on first floor.

What option do you think is better in regards to the structural quality?
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum