Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDRB Dual Living in Perth with B1Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys
Thought I'd post my build process/story on here.
I inherited a house (along with my mum and brother) in Perth WA. We're (my husband and I) are buying my brother out and doing a knock down rebuild with a dual key place (house with attached granny flat). A 4x2 for my family and a 2x1 for my mum.
It's a good size block at 699m2 but unfortunately it's reclaimed swampland and is also a weird shaped block (about 23m street frontage and the back is about 14m)
We've signed up with B1 Homes which is apart of Scott Park Group that owns redink and 101 residential. And Luke is our salesman who has been great so far. (new salesman is Kane who has also been great) He's drafting some custom plans for us.
We've had a few setbacks but things are finally looking up!

Here's our timeline so far
4/9/17 Signed preliminary agreement with B1 Homes. $2k for soil test and survey. Which then turns into a deposit if we go with them
15/9/17 Soil test and contour survey done
5/10/17 Went into b1 to talk about what we want and also had the results for the test and surprisingly came back ok. Soil class A but we'll need a retaining wall on the left side of the block
10/10/17 emailed preliminary design and like the look of it and into the tweaking stage now

24/11/17 after some delays on our end, Luke (our salesman) leaving and his sister Emma taking over our account i think we'll be all set up to sign on the dotted line next week.
28/11/17 first docs signed

Dec 17 - June 2018 Finance and health problems

July 2018 - Finances back on track, start new plan with Kane as old plan was now not within our budget
July - November tweaking plans and waiting for bank
22/11/18 bank pre approval (late approval as they wanted copy's of our house plans first)
5/12/18 prestart
18/12/18 Full approval with Builders approval
Jan 2019 Signed demolition papers with Swift Demo
4/2/19 Moved out
Will post the official plan when I get it back next week
Related
2/04/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

Your best bet might be to go visit the display homes and walk around in them, and take photos. Get a feel for it in person instead of deciding from the floor plan. There…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum