Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Riverview 266 with Surfcoast facade

Page 3 of 4
GEOnTREY
EmmaK8
[quote="GEOnTREY":2kf7218p][quote="EmmaK8":2kf7218p]We have windows, guttering and a...membrane...(?) I guess? The plastic stuff!

Bricks and roofing have been delivered too!

Not off to a great start with our site supervisor...he was a no-show at our first ever site meeting (and we only found out he wasn’t coming cos we called after 20 mins!!) hopefully things improve!

GEOnTREY - weird that you guys are yet to see a frame! We were running to a similar timeline at the start! But no, we were told Fairhaven pays electricity for The build time. Who’s told you otherwise?

[img:20j94nxt]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1554488780.jpeg[/img:20j94nxt]
[i@mg:20j94nxt]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1554488804.jpeg[/img:20j94nxt][/quote:2kf7218p]

EmmaK8
Any more advancements for you?

That's ridiculous he didn't show up for your first inspection. Did you get your toilet sorted out?

Framers are finally booked in for us tomorrow.

Got any new pics of your house? 🙂[/quote:2kf7218p]

Hopefully we’re meeting with him on Wednesday! 🤞🏻 The toilet issue might not be as dire as we thought, apparebtly they’ve simply concreted over the top of the sewerage pipe. The bit in the wall is a vent pipe...though...it’s still VERY wide...couldn’t hang plaster over it the way it is ATM, so will wait and see what happens there.

We have a roof as of Saturday. Also, they started our bricks yesterday, and are progressing today! I’ll put a pic up 😊

Hope they can get your frame going...ours went up within about a day I think.[/quote][/quote]

Wow...your house is really moving along quickly.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your bricks!

Do you have a driveway crossing at the back of your block or is that your neighbours?

Hoping our carpenters like working in the rain and didn't go home after the first few drops 🥴[/quote]

Thanks! We’re really happy with them too! 😊

It’s our neighbour’s driveway, but it’s good, because the front yard of their house will be against our back yard...so should be lots of light.

Our brickies didn’t like the rain yesterday I don’t think...they got a bit further after that, but not heaps.

And yeh, it’s moving so quickly it’s almost too good to be true. Waiting for something to trip us up! Hope you got your frame yesterday! 🤞🏻
EmmaK8

We drove past yesterday & today and still no frame. Hasn't even been marked out on the slab.
Looks like we will be cancelling our inspection for Monday! 😡
GEOnTREY
@EmmaK8

We drove past yesterday & today and still no frame. Hasn't even been marked out on the slab.

Oh no!!!! That’s so incredibly frustrating! When did you sign the contracts? And when did your land title? Just trying to work out how we ended up so far ahead of you… It looks like we are on a similar timeline!

I really hope you have some good news soon…!
EmmaK8
GEOnTREY
@EmmaK8

Oh no!!!! That’s so incredibly frustrating! When did you sign the contracts? And when did your land title? Just trying to work out how we ended up so far ahead of you… It looks like we are on a similar timeline!

Have they delivered the wood for the frame yet? Ours went up one day after that.
EmmaK8
GEOnTREY
@EmmaK8

Land Settlement Date 30.11.18
Contract Signed 29.10.18 I think however we paid the contract deposit on 4.9.18 so not 100% sure.

Timber was there Tuesday.

I will drive past shortly and see if anything done today. Tried to call and have sent msg to Mitchell hours ago but no response. Darbecca need to know if the Inspection on Monday needs to be cancelled.
GEOnTREY
Contract Signed 29.10.18 I think however we paid the contract deposit on 4.9.18 so not 100% sure.

I will drive past shortly and see if anything done today. Tried to call and have sent msg to Mitchell hours ago but no response. Darbecca need to know if the Inspection on Monday needs to be cancelled.

I would follow up with your construction consultant as well. During my build they were pretty much the only person I could get in contact with. I never even spoke to or meet the site supervisors who I had during the build (I got a new site supervisor at handover and I have found him more responsive).
CalicoCat
GEOnTREY

I would follow up with your construction consultant as well. During my build they were pretty much the only person I could get in contact with. I never even spoke to or meet the site supervisors who I had during the build (I got a new site supervisor at handover and I have found him more responsive).

Frame has finally started yesterday but holdup on roof trusses as SS couldn't get them delivered by today. Hope the crew don't move onto a different job.

Do you remember if Darbecca actually measure each room to make sure walls are in the correct position?
I am pretty sure they have marked out 1 wall position on the slab in the wrong place. Hopefully they double check with plans before installing.

Did you get your toilet fixed yet?
GEOnTREY - Fantastic news that they've made a start for you guys! I hope by the time you're reading this, the frame (inc trusses!) is all done!

It seems really odd that it's taken so long for you, but hopefully they're back on track now!

We've been given a tentative completion estimation of 'July' if things continue to go well. Hope yours is similar!

On Saturday when we looked, we had plumbing and heating/cooling. The bricks are progressing nicely too. I'll add some pics in a sec.
[img:3qlr13y7]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555307938.jpeg[/img:3qlr13y7]

[img:3qlr13y7]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555307967.jpeg[/img:3qlr13y7]
EmmaK8
@GEOnTREY - Fantastic news that they've made a start for you guys! I hope by the time you're reading this, the frame (inc trusses!) is all done!

It seems really odd that it's taken so long for you, but hopefully they're back on track now!

We've been given a tentative completion estimation of 'July' if things continue to go well. Hope yours is similar!

On Saturday when we looked, we had plumbing and heating/cooling. The bricks are progressing nicely too. I'll add some pics in a sec.

Hi EmmaK8

Roof trusses going on tomorrow 🤞 then nothing else I am guessing until after Easter.

July...WOW! That's fantastic hope it is all smooth sailing for you 🙂

Your photos didn't work. Well I can't see them.
EmmaK8 are you planning on having a front fence?

Got any fencing or concrete quotes yet?
GEOnTREY
EmmaK8
@GEOnTREY - Fantastic news that they've made a start for you guys! I hope by the time you're reading this, the frame (inc trusses!) is all done!

Hi EmmaK8

Roof trusses going on tomorrow 🤞 then nothing else I am guessing until after Easter.

Your photos didn't work. Well I can't see them.

Oh that’s great! Sounds like you’re back on track! I’ve just uploaded the pics again...hopefully.
GEOnTREY
@EmmaK8 are you planning on having a front fence?

We’re definitely having a side fence....pretty sure we’re not actually allowed to have a front fence. At least, not a high one. Estate regs.

My partner has started getting the concrete quotes, but we haven’t settled on anything.

How about you guys?
GEOnTREY
CalicoCat

Frame has finally started yesterday but holdup on roof trusses as SS couldn't get them delivered by today. Hope the crew don't move onto a different job.

Do you remember if Darbecca actually measure each room to make sure walls are in the correct position?
I am pretty sure they have marked out 1 wall position on the slab in the wrong place. Hopefully they double check with plans before installing.

Did you get your toilet fixed yet?

The only inspection I was at was the final. I don't remember them measuring the walls but I could have missed that. Maybe mention it to them.

Yes, they fixed the toilet. I think once there was a foul odor coming from it they realised it needed to be fixed asap. I'm also getting my sliding doors replaced next month (was supposed to be last month but I had to reschedule).

So far we haven't had any significant issues. Still living in boxes though
GEOnTREY
@EmmaK8 are you planning on having a front fence?

Yes we do want a front fence. Ok with developer but might be a different story getting approval from City of greater Geelong.

We will have exposed aggregate driveway.
[quote="EmmaK8":1v8ewuyf][quote="GEOnTREY":1v8ewuyf][quote="EmmaK8":1v8ewuyf]@GEOnTREY - Fantastic news that they've made a start for you guys! I hope by the time you're reading this, the frame (inc trusses!) is all done!

On Saturday when we looked, we had plumbing and heating/cooling. The bricks are progressing nicely too. I'll add some pics in a sec.[/quote:1v8ewuyf]

Hi EmmaK8

Your photos didn't work. Well I can't see them.[/quote:1v8ewuyf]

[img:1v8ewuyf]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555367471.jpeg[/img:1v8ewuyf]
[img:1v8ewuyf]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555367488.jpeg[/img:1v8ewuyf]

Oh that’s great! Sounds like you’re back on track! I’ve just uploaded the pics again...hopefully.[/quote:1v8ewuyf]

EmmaK8
Do you have a pic of your frame with roof trusses completed before the guttering went on?

Not sure if ours is 100% finished or not and can't get in contact with anyone from Fairhaven.

I don't know how to add photos here.

Don't know if I should cancel our inspection for tomorrow or not. I only have until 9.30am to cancel our we get charged 60% 😬

We are on night shift hours so not around in the am to organise this.
GEOnTREY
[quote="EmmaK8":1v8ewuyf][quote="GEOnTREY":1v8ewuyf][quote="EmmaK8":1v8ewuyf]@GEOnTREY - Fantastic news that they've made a start for you guys! I hope by the time you're reading this, the frame (inc trusses!) is all done!

On Saturday when we looked, we had plumbing and heating/cooling. The bricks are progressing nicely too. I'll add some pics in a sec.[/quote:1v8ewuyf]

Hi EmmaK8

[img:1v8ewuyf]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555367471.jpeg[/img:1v8ewuyf]
[img:1v8ewuyf]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82300_1555367488.jpeg[/img:1v8ewuyf]

Oh that’s great! Sounds like you’re back on track! I’ve just uploaded the pics again...hopefully.[/quote:1v8ewuyf]

EmmaK8
Do you have a pic of your frame with roof trusses completed before the guttering went on?

Not sure if ours is 100% finished or not and can't get in contact with anyone from Fairhaven.

Don't know if I should cancel our inspection for tomorrow or not. I only have until 9.30am to cancel our we get charged 60% 😬

We are on night shift hours so not around in the am to organise this.[/quote]

That’s really annoying that you can’t get onto anyone!

Here’s what I’ve got...
EmmaK8
GEOnTREY

Hi EmmaK8

EmmaK8

We are on night shift hours so not around in the am to organise this.[/quote][/quote]

Here’s what I’ve got...[/quote]

EmmaK8 thanks heaps for the photo. Ours is exactly the same as yours. That bit at the highest section of the roof had us confused why the horizontal bits of wood didn't go all the way across the top. Looks weird.

Kitsa from Fairhaven emailed me about 6pm to let me know she had spoken to Mitchell's boss and he confirmed it was finished and ready for the inspection.
That was so nice of her to do after hours 🙂

So now we can go ahead and have our inspection today.
GEOnTREY
EmmaK8
GEOnTREY

Hi EmmaK8

EmmaK8

We are on night shift hours so not around in the am to organise this.[/quote][/quote]

Here’s what I’ve got...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

EmmaK8 thanks heaps for the photo. Ours is exactly the same as yours. That bit at the highest section of the roof had us confused why the horizontal bits of wood didn't go all the way across the top. Looks weird.

Kitsa from Fairhaven emailed me about 6pm to let me know she had spoken to Mitchell's boss and he confirmed it was finished and ready for the inspection.
That was so nice of her to do after hours 🙂

So now we can go ahead and have our inspection today.[/quote]

Ha! They do look odd, now that you mention it! 😊

Great the Kitsa got it sorted for you, hopefully the inspection is smooth 🤞🏻 I’d be interested to hear what they say.

We didn’t end up doing darbecca etc...I couldn’t get my partner to commit to it...so hopefully ours is ok too! We did get some sort of frame inspection and a certificate approving it’s to Aus building standards through Fairhaven. It’s an ‘independent’ inspector, though they’re employed by Fairhaven...

Btw - to upload pics on here - are you using an iPhone or computer? I can tell you how, both ways
Hi EmmaK8

Hopefully Darbecca don't find many faults but I will let you know what they do find.

I don't have a computer so just using my phone. Samsung Note 9.
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum