Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon - Driveway for PCI

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have my PCI scheduled with Metricon this week and looks like the driveway and concrete path around the house will be done after the PCI. I was wondering how many of the items in the contract can be left uncompleted at the PCI. This is a list of items that I know will not be completed by the time of PCI:

1. Driveway
  2. Concrete Pathway
  3. Mirrors
  4. Appliances
  5. Garage door

What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks
1) formally ask for install dates of the 5 items
2) formally schedule a PCI specifically for the 5 items once done

It is common to have the appliances to be done very last...even after PCI...just before handover.
PCI is really identifying the main defects before handover.

You will need to check the items carefully before the Handover.

It is very common to not fit appliances until handover day to minimise the possibility of theft

Your house is most vulnerable to theft on the night of handover as there will be many people who know there is an empty house with new appliances. For that reason I change the locks and 'camp out' in the house until the rest of the family move in.
Our appliances went in over a week ago and we still haven’t had our walk through with them yet, I always heard they were last apparently not in our case.

IamSAM
1) formally ask for install dates of the 5 items
2) formally schedule a PCI specifically for the 5 items once done

It is common to have the appliances to be done very last...even after PCI...just before handover.

That's a good idea thanks
bashworth
PCI is really identifying the main defects before handover.

You will need to check the items carefully before the Handover.

It is very common to not fit appliances until handover day to minimise the possibility of theft

Your house is most vulnerable to theft on the night of handover as there will be many people who know there is an empty house with new appliances. For that reason I change the locks and 'camp out' in the house until the rest of the family move in.

I have scheduled a private inspection just before the walk through and I wanted most of the items to be completed so that I get the most of the private inspection. I might need to scheduled a secondary private inspection after everything is done, especially for the driveway and concrete pathway.

FYI: I bought the PCI checklist from your website. Very detailed and useful.
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum