We have just signed out contract with Simonds to start building the Cleland 233 in SA (Ledger in VIC) but found it a bit difficult as there are no displays of this home here in SA nor were there many homes of this type built for us to even go have a look at! So thought we might start a forum to follow our process from start to finish with as many pictures and as much info as we can give to hopefully help other people in the future.
Out experience so far with Simonds has been positive, we found them extremely helpful and patient throughout the planning stage as we changed LOTS of things from the base design, then changed them back and then changed again. The most significant changes we made though are:
- Upgrading to the Allandale Facade (we removed the timber cladding and chose to just have bricks- with the plan to add stacked stone after handover)
- Reconfiguring the Ensuite Layout to have a double shower
- Reconfiguring the bathroom layout to have a free standing bath and niche as the feature
- Adding a 30m2 Alfresco under the main roof
- Adding TV niches in both the living room and theatre
- Rebated the Alfresco area so that we didn't have a 'lip' from the dining room sliding doors to outside
- Made the WIP into a Butlers Pantry
- Raised the entry ceiling to 3m (the rest of the house is 2.7m- also an upgrade)
- Deleted the voids in the WIR
- Upgraded to mirrored sliding built in robes for beds 2, 3 and 4
- Changed the Theatre room doors to double cavity sliders
- Upgraded to stone bench tops with under-mount basins/sinks throughout the whole house
- Extended the kitchen island bench so its now level with the adjacent bench
- Floor to ceiling tiles in both ensuite and bathroom
We have an estimated start date of 15th February (depending on Council approvals) and are really looking forward to the building process!
Any comments or tips for the next stages would be greatly appreciated, we will try to upload frequently as things happen.
Just having a look through your build journey! Your home turned out amazing!
Just a couple of Q’s if you don’t mind me asking..
- What floorboard did you go with, and if it was an upgrade to the standard, how much more was it?
- Price for ceiling to floor tiling in your bathrooms/toilet?
- Price to for the Monument Brick and dark mortar?
- Price to upgrade to stone bench tops with under-mount basins/sinks throughout the whole house?