Time for a build thread!
We're building a Chifley 37 MKII with the Metro facade, similar to the display home at Thornton but LHS Garage.
Overall the Admin period has been long but we're to blame for that mostly with the delay with our land. We've had really good experiences with everyone at Rawson from Sales, Tender Presentation, Selections consultants and our Build Co-ordinators have been simply the best! Our first brilliant co-ordinator took us from our tender acceptance to DA submission but she was promoted and handed us over to another team member and she has been so pivotal in moving our DA and getting all the changes required in lightning speed and even pushing our slow bank to get off their bum and hurry up! Extremely positive pre-build period for us.
- We added some Louvre windows to the front facade
- We widened the garage by 1m and widened the garage door to suit and also increased the height of the garage door to 2.4m
- We added a roller door to the rear of the garage
- We swapped the powder room and the laundry so we could add a shower
- We added the double story niche
- We widened the rear stacker door
- We turned the pantry into a butlers kitchen
- We got rid of the corners in the kitchen and added a Louvre window at the end
- We widened the alfresco slab and extended it to the rear slightly
- We added 3 solar skylights
- We recessed the slab for the wet areas
- We modified the layout of the bathroom to include the toilet and rejigged it and the bath
- We modified the double shower in the ensuite
- We added two roof windows over the void
- We recessed the wet areas
We're hoping to incorporate some smart home features into our new home, our promotional package included a smart home starter kit which we're expanding on with some additional smart lighting. You can read more about it on our electrical selections blog post: Electrical Selections
We're using LED downlight throughout and have included some provisioning for pendants and LED track lighting.
We've also provisioned for some automated blinds on our west facing windows.
We worked with a local landscape architect who helped draw up some plans for us. We're after a low maintenance garden which will require very little water with mainly grass and succulent plants.
We're going for a Scandi interior, we've written about our selections and colours on our blog here: We completed our Colour Selections!
Our tiles colour scheme is mainly White, Black and Grey. We had a great time at Tiles direct and you can see all our tile selections on our blog here: Tile Selections
We'll hopefully have our Authority to commence letter tomorrow (fingers crossed) and we'll be added to the construction list straight away! Our neighbours are also building with Rawson and they've had a very positive experience with their build (Almost at lock up), they just got a new SS but they've said they are equally as good as their original SS.
Hopefully we'll have some updates soon when Rawson begin on site!