Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

[COMPLETED] - Building Windsor 40 with Eden Brae (Caddens)

Page 2 of 5
An eclectic choice of framing materials there, Inv.
kks
An eclectic choice of framing materials there, Inv.

They call this "Hybrid".
Excellent progress
Few more updated pictures. Still on bricklayer stage.

Bricklayer completed - 12 Apr 2019 (On paper - while the brickies still work on my site
)

Good God! Where are you getting that mix of home building materials from? It's like going down the Remainder Shop! Reminds of how they were doing it in 1947. No offence.
kks
No offence.

None taken. The mixed bricks are face bricks used for Rendering. Those regions will be rendered, but don't know at what stage.
Don't know if the roofing done 100% given that the Garage roof is still pending and Eaves are not painted yet. The scaffolding are removed yet. The whole operation is very slow. They haven't completed the roof in 4 weeks. Also EBH did a big blender in the reading the council comments. One of the portion in the front Porch area was not approved but its not been changed after that. I pointed out now. Now they trying to find a excuse. It took me 1 week for them to accept the fault and its been 2 weeks, no response regarding that issue.

Here are some pictures

Scaffolding disappeared!
Finally finished the roof last week (31st May 2019). But still the Eaves for the lower level not done. Hoping the builder will complete it this week. So far no work on the site.

What Facade is that? And how much did they charge you for the render if you don’t mind me asking?

KamadoJusto
What Facade is that? And how much did they charge you for the render if you don’t mind me asking?

The Facade is Kingsford. For us the rendering was complimentary after many to & fro conversations.
Nice.

SS been changed again. Raised all the pending issues with the build to the EBH management. Management promised that the new SS is well experienced and he will take care of the pending issues. The past 2 weeks the best weeks so far. Most of the pending works from the first stage are completed. Also Gyprock work is also completed (sort of). I can see tradies still working on roughing the edges.

Thanks
Hi

I am also about to start building Windsor 42. Your blog has been very helpful. Specially around getting a realistic idea about timelines. Thanks for the updates.

Osaka
Osakat
Hi

I am also about to start building Windsor 42. Your blog has been very helpful. Specially around getting a realistic idea about timelines. Thanks for the updates.

Osaka

Thanks and congrats on your build.
Kitchen done. Some clicks

Ensuite - Floor/Wall tiles (work in progress as of Sunday). Didn't know we only getting skirting wall tiles. Tried to upgrade after the Tiler started the work, but SS didn't approved.

SS finally gave the scheduled PCI date. Its 19 Sep 2019 as of now. Yay!!
InvincibleInDN
SS finally gave the scheduled PCI date. Its 19 Sep 2019 as of now. Yay!!

Excellent news, what a journey!
R9917099
Excellent news, what a journey!

Definitely great experience!!
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum