Building A New House
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA163
Jul 24, 2019 10:02 pm
It’s european oak engineered timber.
We’re doing glue down, not floated (don’t like the hollowness that floated has).
We did look at the timber-look tiles, however preferred not having any grout to worry about.
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA166
Jul 27, 2019 5:50 pm
The floor level is really good. A few mm you won’t see over that span.
The walls are reasonably straight. Using a string line, you set a couple of rows up and then work off that line.
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA167
Jul 28, 2019 7:02 pm
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA168
Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA169
Jul 28, 2019 7:18 pm
Doing skirting in all the rooms. That’s the next job after this. Thinking 140mm in the main areas and 92mm in the bedrooms.
After the skirting they’ll come and install the carpets.
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA171
Jul 31, 2019 1:37 am
We did our skirting the other way around, they ended up looking similar in height due to the carpet pile and the 90mm worked out the right height to sit under the kitchen cabinets that finish against walls. My hubby still says that he will never install flooring and skirting to an entire house ever again.
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA172
Aug 12, 2019 6:02 pm
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA173
Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm
Looking good! Let me know how the aggregate concrete goes and if you recommend the company you used 😀
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA176
Aug 13, 2019 4:06 pm
Yeah I'm a bit jealous (looks great!) as we are currently getting driveway quotes organised ourselves, and trying to keep costs down so just considering normal concrete.
Not sure what area you are in, but mind me asking what sort of square metre rate you paid for exposed agg? I have no idea what to expect from upgrading from normal concrete.
Check our Homeone build blog here
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA177
Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Had quotes between $90-$100 per metre. Includes setup, mesh, 2 coats of sealer etc. Earthworks to level and the drainage was extra. All up we spent nearly $9k.
We actually went with the most expensive price in the end because he came highly recommended by a friend, used a higher grade of mesh than the others and also used our preferred concrete company as a supplier (Limecrete), as they have a much better colour range than the others.
We're in Perth and this sort of price range seems to be the going rate here. You can get it a little bit cheaper, however they might do 75mm thickness on pathways or use a thinner mesh. Some of the colours are also cheaper, usually the grey tones. We picked one that was in the middle, but towards the higher end. Generally the white cement is more expensive and if they have more quartz in the mix, rather than blue metal.
We're really happy with the result, even though it was pretty expensive. I would have been disappointed with paving (sick of weeds and ants, etc).
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA179
Aug 14, 2019 12:46 pm
External Colour Choices:
External brickwork (also internal feature wall) - Brikmakers Vintage red with cream mortar, rolled joints
Roof Cover and fascia - Colorbond Surfmist
Fencing/retaining, gutters, downpipes and garage door - Colorbond Monument
- Front render colour - First Snow.
Internal colour choices:
Kitchen, scullery and laundry cabinetry - Laminex Silk Finish White and Riven Finish Sublime Teak for overhead cupboards (350mm depth only, horizontal grain) - Silk/Riven finish both upgrades in contract.
Bathroom and Ensuite Cabinetry - Laminex Natural Finish Sublime Teak (horizontal grain) - Builder's standard range.
Bench top - Absolute Quartz Calacatta Gold (Kitchen island bench only) and Absolute Quartz Alabaster (very fine grain white) for the remainder (kitchen bench, scullery, laundry and both bathrooms) - Builder's standard range (these were both from the premium range
when we signed up that became part of the standard range by the time we got to pre-start)
Internal door frames and doors - Wattle White
Linen cupboard/s sliding doors - Black frame with Glacier white vinyl (Standard range)
Mirrored robe doors with silver frame (standard range)
Internal door handles - Lockwood Large Rose with Element Levers (standard range, Matt Black colour is an extra cost)
Kitchen Appliances - Fisher and Paykel
- 2 x wall oven in a stack (builder's standard range)
- Integrated rangehood (upgrade in contract)
-Gas on glass cooktop (upgrade in contract)
Tile choices - Tile Boutique
- Deleted splashback to kitchen, scullery and laundry (to be completed after handover)
- Ensuite floor 300x300 Majorelle Grey (builder's standard range)
- Laundry floor 450x450 Majorelle Grey (same as ensuite, larger format) (extra cost for labour)
- Bathoom and Powder room floor 300x300 Terrain Nero (builder's standard range)
- Bathroom, ensuite and powder room walls 300x600 Gloss White rectified (floor to ceiling in contract) - upgrade
- CCS Onyx garage floor concrete
- GTek Esperance cornice to Entry, kitchen, dining and living areas
- Obscure glazing to front entry door
- Upgrade laundry cabinetry to silk finish
- Extra drawers in kitchen, ensuite and bathroom
- Finger grip to bathroom and ensuite cabinetry
- 16mm negative to stone throughout house
- Stormtech 100PSG20 900mm shower channel grate in bathroom and ensuite
- Double rebate to front door
- Upgrade entrance door handle to Lockwood Nero 143 Pull handle (600mm) and deadlock
- Micro frameless mirrors in bathrooms and powder room
- Raked joint to internal face brick feature wall
- PVC pre-lay for future rain water tank
- Extra LED downlights, powerpoints, junction boxes, conduits for future ceiling fans and extra lighting to exterior
- Clipsal iconic Anthracite cover and backplate in kitchen, scullery, laundry and bathrooms
- Upgrade Exhaust fans to Beacon all-in-one (combined LED light and exhaust fan)
- Upgrade to 450x450 floor tiles in laundry
- Upgrade to 300x600 rectified wall tiles in bathroom, ensuite and powder room
- Intelligent homes smart wire pack (extra provisions in theatre room and kids activity room)
- Upgrade to Posh Solus BTW toilet suites
- Upgrade Scullery sink to AFA Flow undermount no taphole
- Change all tapware to Matt Black finish Mizu Bliss (basin mixers, shower/bath mixers and bath outlet)
- Black pop up wastes in all basins and bath
- Mizu drift matt black bathroom accessories (towel rails, toilet roll holders, etc).
- Kitchen and scullery Mizu Soothe Matt Black sink mixers
- AXA Hox Mini basin in Powder room (Aspire range) with Mizu Drift Matt Black bottle trap
- Mizu Drift straight wall shower and brass overhead in Matt Black for ensuite
- Posh Domaine Twin Rail Shower in Matt Black for bathroom
Jobs to be done after handover:
- Aggregate driveway and path
- Portico decking
- Window coverings (shutters and timber look blinds)
- Engineered Oak flooring to living area and activity
- Carpet floor to bedrooms and theatre
- Alfresco floor (still undecided)
- All exterior landscaping and brick front fence
- Fitout dressing room and kids robes
- Kitchen, Scullery and laundry splashbacks
- Additional electrical (pendant lights, TV antenna, etc)
- Rain water tank and filter
i love your design and all your extras and colours are similar to ours can i ask how much more the matt black tapware, towel rails, light switches etc cost at pre start? thanks
Re: KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA180
Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm
$990 for Black mixers in Bathrooms, powder room etc. Shower heads/rails, kitchen and scullery were extra again. I think all up the black taps throughout we're around $2,500.
The charcoal switches are cheap, you can actually buy them online for only a few dollars (Clipsal Iconic skins), so I would recommend just sourcing these yourself. Builder charged about $6 each, which is pretty much inline with what you can get them for online.
The towel rails were pretty much at retail from the Reece website (like $100 each etc).
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
18 more posts
GlennMarilenInspired Homes/ Como Homes - Custom Build Corner BlockInspired Homes/ Como Homes - Custom Build Corner Block
They are correct usually the appliances are fitted on the morning of or as close as possible to handover to avoid them being stolen it’s very common for appliances to be…
AlorisellaReviews on New Level Homes or Express Living Homes - PerthReviews on New Level Homes or Express Living Homes - Perth
I have been looking into these builders and would love to hear any reviews/experiences anyone has had with them. Thanks.