Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Coral Heron:We're in and LOVING IT!

Page 4 of 8
good job jellylegs!!!! did you get itchy
Isn't it a nice feeling to be working on 'your' house after renting for so long....it is so rewarding!

Can't wait to see what happens next on your build!
I am just loving going to the HOUSE each day and finding that either something has been delivered, or something has been done. Yesterday all our gyprock and cornices were delivered, today the walls and ceiling were done. It has made such a difference. It really gives a much better feel of how big (or in our case - small) the rooms are

Front entrance:
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0120.jpg

Dining/Meals Room:

Kitchen:

Can't wait to see my kitchen installed now! Wonder how soon that will be done??
looks great jellylegs!
can't wait to see your kitchen come together...what colours were you having again?
Jess, we've taken our inspiration from your average hospital. White. White. And More White.

Seemed like a good idea at the time to keep it simple, now I'm not so sure. Hey, I'm not sure about ANY of my choices though!

Paint - Dulux white on white
Cupboards - Laminex Polar White
Benchtop- Laminex Diamond Gloss Puremineral Stone (white with grey flecks)
Splashback tiles have cost me numerous nights of lost sleep - 100x300 Silk Smoke - really really light brown/off white. Nahh, even that description doesn't sound right. Anyway, not long now 'till I find out how it will all look.
jellylegs,

can't wait to see pics of that kitchen with the polar white. How are the cupboards going to be finished
off, gloss wrapped or the normal laminate way?
We are using formica snow drift which is about the same whiteness hence I'm keen to see

Ozzroo
Its looking fantastic Jellylegs!!

-Sha
Looking good!!
JellyLegs
Jess, we've taken our inspiration from your average hospital. White. White. And More White.

Seemed like a good idea at the time to keep it simple, now I'm not so sure. Hey, I'm not sure about ANY of my choices though!

Paint - Dulux white on white
Cupboards - Laminex Polar White
Benchtop- Laminex Diamond Gloss Puremineral Stone (white with grey flecks)
Splashback tiles have cost me numerous nights of lost sleep - 100x300 Silk Smoke - really really light brown/off white. Nahh, even that description doesn't sound right. Anyway, not long now 'till I find out how it will all look.

that is what i look like when i think about tile selection - I have lost sleep also!!!!!!!!
your plaster looks fantastic!!!! I think the white will be good for making it look light, spacious and airy. can't wait to see your colours! I was/am so nervous about colours - something that I have no clue about!
All your exteriors look great so I am sure the interiors will follow suit!
Not that I'm the competitive type at all (
), but I do believe we've overtaken WakeboardAndy and Ryan Oliver!! Way to go Coral Homes, I can't believe how fast they're working and it all looks really fantastic!

Our Alfresco and eaves are finished

Our wet areas are sealed

We've had our doors hung
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0240.jpg

We've had our architraves finished off

And BEST and most EXCITING of all WE'VE GOT A KITCHEN!!!!!!!!

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0231.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0237.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0235.jpg
The splashback tile that I'm still REALLY unsure about. The photo isn't really very clear and it's not the sort of thing you can get a good idea about on the basis of one lonely tile, but at least it didn't look BAD. I'm just not sure that it will look any good though.

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0239.jpg
Our door handles. They seemed like the best of an out-dated range when I chose them and had planned on replacing them as soon as possible. Now that they're in though, I actually don't mind them. Glad I hadn't got ahead of myself now and bought the replacement ones before seeing these.

For the colour freaks like me: Cabinets are Polar White and the benchtop is Diamondgloss Puremineral stone
ozzroo
jellylegs,

can't wait to see pics of that kitchen with the polar white. How are the cupboards going to be finished
off, gloss wrapped or the normal laminate way?
We are using formica snow drift which is about the same whiteness hence I'm keen to see

Ozzroo

Hi Ozzroo,

It's just the normal laminex. We debated long and hard about getting gloss or not, but after seeing the normal laminex in a display home decided it looked fine. I think if the whole kitchen was glossy 1. it might look too 'sparkley' and 2. the finger prints would be a bugger of a job to keep off on all those surfaces. We still have the plastic cover on our kitchen, so it's hard to get a really clear idea, but it looks bloody good to me right now as it is!!
JellyLegs

The splashback tile that I'm still REALLY unsure about.

I could be wrong, but from what i can see, these tiles look the same as what we have in our new kitchen.. They look really good with the white grout!!

-Sha
yay jellylegs!
glad to see you powering ahead!! go coral!!!
sha
I could be wrong, but from what i can see, these tiles look the same as what we have in our new kitchen.. They look really good with the white grout!!

-Sha

Sha, the chance of you and I picking the same colour is pretty high! I did see yours on your blog and wondered if they were the same. Mine is Coco Brillo Gloss - do you know what yours is called? I've tried to find it on your blog, but can only see the white ones you originally chose. It looks great, if mine come out looking that good I'll be really happy!
Looks great Jellylegs. Its great to see your house getting into shape and I am very interested in all your choices as we still have NO IDEA what colour goes well with our Blue Pearl Bench Top. Although we wanted a lot of white in the kitchen and in the floor tiles we might have to reconsider the colour for the body of the Breakfast Bar. I'm afraid that white stands out too much in the rest of the living area especially when the sun comes in.
So we dropped white and tried the sample of Blue Pearl with all kind of different colours. The Granite shows lots of Silver, Blue and a hint of gold. As I don't want the kitchen turn out too cool, Blue and Silver are not an option. A colour that is coming up every time is Laminex Stipple Seal but my husband does not like it very much so still a lot to do.

I noticed the black window frames, are you having the Dark Grey tinted windows?

cheers
Annelies
Looks great Jellylegs. Its great to see your house getting into shape and I am very interested in all your choices as we still have NO IDEA what colour goes well with our Blue Pearl Bench Top. Although we wanted a lot of white in the kitchen and in the floor tiles we might have to reconsider the colour for the body of the Breakfast Bar. I'm afraid that white stands out too much in the rest of the living area especially when the sun comes in.
So we dropped white and tried the sample of Blue Pearl with all kind of different colours. The Granite shows lots of Silver, Blue and a hint of gold. As I don't want the kitchen turn out too cool, Blue and Silver are not an option. A colour that is coming up every time is Laminex Stipple Seal but my husband does not like it very much so still a lot to do.

I noticed the black window frames, are you having the Dark Grey tinted windows?

cheers

Thanks Annelies,
I've noticed you've been looking at Coral Homes - have you made a decision? I must have missed that.

Yes, chosing the colours is SO hard. It doesn't matter how many decorating magazines or web sites I've visted, I still haven't been able to get a clear picture in my mind of how it will all look. I've been anxious about all my choices, so now that we're seeing them come together its...interesting. The frames are 'anotec dark grey' which we chose because we thought the black would be too stark, and it was a good match for roof tiles (Barramundi) and the gutter (Ironstone). I have to say though, that is one choice we were SO confident about we didn't even consider lighter frame colours and now regret it. It does look nice inside, and will probably look even better when the walls are painted white, but we don't really like how it looks on the outside. When we made that choice most homes had dark frames, now light seems to be the way to be the trend and probably would have looked better with our bricks. We're having security screens installed and wanted these to be dark, so we just assumed the frames should be dark to match those. Now, we've seen light frames with dark screens and that looks great. Oh well - seriously, if colour coding a house is a concern, life isn't too bad at all is it, so I'm not complaining at all.

I think the stipple steel would look good with the blue pearl. Have you seen a colour combination like that in any of the display homes? I'd even recommend going to a kitchen company - tell them you're renovating because they wont give you the time of day if they know you're with a project builder - and play with their 'big' samples there. A lot of them will have whole doors and a slice of benchtop so you can see how they all match. Also, the Laminex showroom at Murrarie has a HUGE range of samples and some lovely displays and is really worth a look. If you're finding it really hard to get colours that match the blue pearl, have you considered putting it behind glass for a splashback? You could keep the kitchen neutral and have that as a feature which would be lovely. They also have examples of that at the Laminex show room and could give you some advice on how to do it.
Looks fan-tastic JellyLegs. We cannot wait to be at this stage. Congrats! Keep those pics coming. Love them
congrats on your kitchen!!
this is making me so excited, i'm up to where you were last tuesday... i hope i'll have a kitchen in a weeks time!!
How exciting! Looking good. I really like your handles!!!
Everything looks great! I love your entrance, so spacious!
OMG. You are obliterating our build! Well done on all your progress.
It all looks so fantastic!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum