Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thornhill park - Rockbank

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, appreciate if anyone can provide some insight into land titling in Thornhill park- Rockbank - Melbourne. I was told that my land will be titled by Sep -19 and want to know how many months I shoul add as a buffer prior to lock my building contract. Thanks
Our land was 1 year behind in titling in Sunbury
Do not believe a word that the developers tells you
traceylee
Our land was 1 year behind in titling in Sunbury
Do not believe a word that the developers tells you

Thanks Tracey
Hey Jarrod I am quite familiar with Rockbank, title delay alerts in Melbourne have been coming out since October 2018.

What stage did you purchase in Thornhill? if you know what stage you bought into I can verify that against my files on Thornhill and other estates in Rockbank.
Ali-homebuilder
Hey Jarrod I am quite familiar with Rockbank, title delay alerts in Melbourne have been coming out since October 2018.

What stage did you purchase in Thornhill? if you know what stage you bought into I can verify that against my files on Thornhill and other estates in Rockbank.

Hi Ali, stage 25
Hi Jayad so from what I can see on file and in comparison with the other stages at Thornhill Park, September looks fairly accurate.

One source for Stage 25 at Thornhill Park says third quarter 2019, which is a range from July to September 2019.

However Earlier stages like 17a state April to May 2019, so put a buffer in of an extra month - October 2019.
Ali-homebuilder
Hi Jayad so from what I can see on file and in comparison with the other stages at Thornhill Park, September looks fairly accurate.

One source for Stage 25 at Thornhill Park says third quarter 2019, which is a range from July to September 2019.

However Earlier stages like 17a state April to May 2019, so put a buffer in of an extra month - October 2019.

Hi Ali, thanks for your insight, just another question, I have seen some news that property prices might go down by 4% this year in Melbourne Western suburbs. Do you expect any valuation issues around Rockbank?
Hey Jarad , four percent across Melbourne Overall sounds about right, but the general theme does not reflect what is happening in the outer suburbs, especially the West of Melbourne.
Affordability is vital to suburb growth, the Median price for a house in Melbourne was just above $719,000 last year.
The Median price in Rockbank right now is $500,000 and if you have a look on realestate.com.au the median price increased in Rockbank from $484,000 to $500,000 after the ASIC bank inquiries in July.
The banks are giving smaller loans now which means family are moving to more affordable suburbs like Rockbank.

https://www.realestate.com.au/neighbourhoods/rockbank-3335-vic
Hi Ali,

I also bought in Thornhill Park at Stage 21.

The developers are reluctant to tell me anything besides the fact that they estimate it to be titled and ready by the second quarter of 2019. According to their December construction update, it's towards the end of the second quarter; so maybe June? However, I doubt that that is the case and they may just be holding off for an early third quarter title date.

I was wondering if you have any information about when the land might be titled?

Thanks in advance.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum