Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pre-Start Costs - Homegroup WA

Page 1 of 1
Afternoon All
I have been having a look through trying to find costs for recent prestart costs (ie last 12 months) with Homegroup WA. We have our prestart at the end of the month and wanting bit of an idea of what we might be up for.
Some of the extra's we will probably look at:
- Extra double power points
- Extra tiling in ensuite
- Extra tiling in scullery
- Plumbing for water for fridge
- If anyone has had any smart wiring put into the house for pay tv, internet, speakers integrated into ceiling and alfresco, for security system.
- Upgrades of tapware from silver to matt black.
- Upgrade of underlay for carpets
- Upgrade for continuous hot water

And any other upgrades that you think we might need.

Thanks in advance

KJ
Allow $60 for a DGPO. Our builder charges $43, but I have seen them as high as $80. We are not with HGWA...

We paid $300 to upgrade to the Top Level Carpet Underlay
KJ3470
Afternoon All
I have been having a look through trying to find costs for recent prestart costs (ie last 12 months) with Homegroup WA. We have our prestart at the end of the month and wanting bit of an idea of what we might be up for.
- If anyone has had any smart wiring put into the house for pay tv, internet, speakers integrated into ceiling and alfresco, for security system.

Thanks in advance

KJ

Hi we had our prestart Dec 2017 and we were emailed this for electrical additions, with tiling depends on what you’re after full height with their standard tiles in bathrooms were quoted between 3-4K so we went 1m high instead which was $200,
I’m not sure about underlay but I know a few others on this forum last year upgraded their underlay and it was a couple hundred.

vanessah2015
KJ3470
Afternoon All

Thanks in advance

KJ

Hi we had our prestart Dec 2017 and we were emailed this for electrical additions, with tiling depends on what you’re after full height with their standard tiles in bathrooms were quoted between 3-4K so we went 1m high instead which was $200,
I’m not sure about underlay but I know a few others on this forum last year upgraded their underlay and it was a couple hundred.

Thanks so much, very helpful
hi i have been following this group for a while and will have my pre start booked soon (just completed my tile and laminate selection) im very confused as to what is included and what is not, we have been told a few things were standard inclusions and later found out they weren't
are matte black taps and shower rails etc part of the standard HG range? we were told they were and only the black light switches were extra. its hard to budget for pre start when things keep popping up.... thanks in advance for any help
LizLee
hi i have been following this group for a while and will have my pre start booked soon (just completed my tile and laminate selection) im very confused as to what is included and what is not, we have been told a few things were standard inclusions and later found out they weren't
are matte black taps and shower rails etc part of the standard HG range? we were told they were and only the black light switches were extra. its hard to budget for pre start when things keep popping up.... thanks in advance for any help

I had my pre start with HGWA on Monday. Can confirm all matte black tape ware and accessories cost extra. I paid about $1500 all up to upgrade entire house worth. They will generally have overestimated your site works tho so you’ll get a credit to use at pre-start. We had $7000 to use but our pre-start bill came in at $15,500 ($8500 owing after credit).
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum