Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura) in South West WA

Page 3 of 6
Waited all this time for a roof plumber to come out and fit some flashings, was apparently sick for the 2 weeks but well enough to come out the day after I asked what the hold up was!

Then today the chippies have been and put up the duragroove:

Front

Rear
It’s getting there. You’ll have a roof before you know it, and then it will really start looking like a house.
Cladding is all up, bricks cleaned and the windows have had glass installed on the upper floor! Waiting on the ground floor roof now. Not sure when they will paint the upper storey, hopefully that comes soon!

Got some painting done today, Taubmans Tabby and Silver Spoon... the Silver Spoon is looking a touch darker than I expected but we'll see how it comes up when the Basalt roof meets it from the ground floor
The colours go well with the roof. Once they do the ground floor roof, you’ll have a better idea.
thme
The colours go well with the roof. Once they do the ground floor roof, you’ll have a better idea.

Yes, hopefully! I'll have a look in full daylight too at some stage which might change things
You could always paint it again later if you didn’t like it.

Alot happier with the colours in the daylight today!
Feeling quite frustrated, we were meant to have the scaffolding taken down today so the chippies could come back and do the ground floor roof but no one came out because of the weather. Other sites on the street had workers and it had only rained during the night 🙄

The scheduling is leaving a lot to be desired, they seem to allow 1-2 weeks for any given process when it actually only takes the tradies a couple of days. The painting was done in 2 days but they allowed 2 weeks for it to be done before they had the next step scheduled. I get the feeling the super isnt visiting site to know this.
Does seem to be the way with most builders though.

They always love leaving fat on either side and never want multiple trades working together. We are so close to ours being done and it wouldnt take them more than 4-5 days if they didnt stuff around but they quote us 4 weeks instead
what's so wrong with multiple tradies working together? It's just about right organisation.
alexp79
what's so wrong with multiple tradies working together? It's just about right organisation.

It would be handy if they could do it that way for sure
The roofing carpenters have been at it all weekend and we're getting closer to having roof cover!

You should be closed up soon, before the risk of wet weather comes.
thme
You should be closed up soon, before the risk of wet weather comes.

Fingers crossed it doesnt rain any more this week 🤞
Gutters, downpipes and fibre cement all up

Roof is half on and plumbing has all been done in the roof and walls, getting there!

Roof is complete, electrical is almost done and the site has had a bit of a tidy!
Looks great.

You’ll be getting your next invoice any minute now......
thme
Looks great.

You’ll be getting your next invoice any minute now......

😆😆
Related
23/04/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

The price you're seeing for a high-spec 2-storey home in Perth sounds steep, but unfortunately, it's kind of the norm these…

12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum