Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral is slow..

Page 1 of 1
Hi has anyone had troubles with getting coral to draw up a contract faster?
We have an executed land contract finance due on the 28th dec (awkwardly hitting the Xmas break) - we want it in one transaction
We got our soil tests back on 26th and they said they would have contracts to us after this was complete. We get a reply that the contracts won’t be ready for 2.5 weeks! And when we ask for a date the sales consultant keeps telling us she will get back to us.
It’s only the 30th and we still have heaps of time but with Xmas coming up and no confirmation from the sales rep, we are concerned that this will leave us too late for finance approval before Xmas.
Any advice ?
It gets really tricky at this time of the year.
Our tender went at the end of November 2017 and was meant to be done in 2.5 weeks as well, however, we received an email from our sales consultant on the 4 December 2017 to say that they were going to be delayed until 11 January 2018 due to the mad rush at the end of the year and the 3 week closedown over Christmas. We then were delayed again until around 25 January 2018.
I would probably be in contact with your sales consultant early next week to make sure everything is on track.
Ours probably took 6 weeks, but we weren't in a hurry, so it didn't bother us.

Everything else just flew by and we moved into our house beginning of August 2018.
Grange29_2018
Hi has anyone had troubles with getting coral to draw up a contract faster?
We have an executed land contract finance due on the 28th dec (awkwardly hitting the Xmas break) - we want it in one transaction
We got our soil tests back on 26th and they said they would have contracts to us after this was complete. We get a reply that the contracts won’t be ready for 2.5 weeks! And when we ask for a date the sales consultant keeps telling us she will get back to us.
It’s only the 30th and we still have heaps of time but with Xmas coming up and no confirmation from the sales rep, we are concerned that this will leave us too late for finance approval before Xmas.
Any advice ?

Unfortunately they are slow through admin, construction, and defect rectification. Even when the customer is lodging a case with NCAT they can’t be bothered to get their act together.

I flew to QLD and went to their head office to try and get action on my build. Met the state manager and even that didn’t work.

I have no advice unfortunately other that to brace yourself for your build. Make daily notes. Keep an eye on your supervisor. Check your build and take photographs of everything along the way.

The feedback on here isn’t giving me hope. Do you think it would be possible to take the soil tests and take them to another builder?
a $1750 deposit isn’t a lot of money when you compare it to a $246k house. I’m wondering if I should just switch builders
Grange29_2018
The feedback on here isn’t giving me hope. Do you think it would be possible to take the soil tests and take them to another builder?
a $1750 deposit isn’t a lot of money when you compare it to a $246k house. I’m wondering if I should just switch builders

I would think that all builders would be in the same situation at this time of year. I don't think going to another builder now will get you a tender any quicker. They would probably want to do their own soil tests as well.

Ring your sales consultant on Monday and ask them to check on it for you.
We had the best build experience with Coral in North Brisbane. I couldn't fault anything. The only delay was in the tender stage which wasn't a big deal to us. Everything else was perfect.

Where are you building?
Grange29_2018

Even if you take them to another builder I can’t see them completing a tender based on the soil tests from coral because then they are liable if for example they rely on them and there is an error in them.

Where are you building ?

I agree, I can't see it being any quicker to go to another builder. Particularly since you'd be behind where you're already at with Coral.

And you wouldn't want to rush through some plans just to meet that deadline.

You can't get settlement or at least the finance approval clause extended?
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum