Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom build

Page 1 of 1
I've followed homeone for a long time, although I only signed up recently. I've always wanted to build a house and am finally getting a chance

Cheers,
Mel
Hello, I do like the plans! It seems to cover all your requirements while being simple (so hopefully less costly to build!). I think a lot of it has to do with your rear to North block, which makes everything that much easier

Definitely go with double glazing, benefits will be worth it! We would also have the included underfloor heating in our design if it was single storey. Such a lovely gentle warmth.
Thanks. I’m hoping the simple design is a bit cheaper, giving me more money for the extras i want. I’m looking at radiators for the hystonic heating, rather than underfloor heating. With the cathedral ceiling i have read that hydronic heating is a better option.

Paid the remainder of my deposit today...still doesn’t seem real though. The hole in my account is real though!

I have been having a bit of a play with your plans. If you add a wardrobe to the playroom, it then also become a 4th bedroom/ playroom (which adds value) and somewhere for the kids to put their toys.
Thanks. No kids here, but i agree a 4th bedroom helps with resale. I had intended to put cupboards in that room, just didn’t put then in the plan. I’ll likely put then on the wall that backs onto the lounge, meaning that part of the house can still be closed off.
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum