Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Changing the location of driveway in a new estate

Page 2 of 2
Melbournevic
Thanks bestspecials, there is a small gap of 175mm between garage wall and boundary. Yes, there is a garage to the other side, so if we are changing the crossover, our garage wall is next to the garage wall of the neighbour. The land there is still unsold so unsure if they are building to the boundary as well.

Does the building envelope change when the crossover is moved? Because if this is the case, then I think we are safe to proceed to relocate the crossover? I'm just worried that it could lead to an issue if we are relocating the crossover but the building envelope is not.

Sorry, not sure how the building envelope works but the impact to the neighbour would definitely change.
No probs bestpecials.

I'm sharing this image in case anyone knows. So when facing the land, the crossover will be relocated from the right to left (mark in yellow below).

Can’t see how anything will change. Going by that last photo, if you kept it that way, your driveway would be right beside the driveway of the block to the right. By flipping you will now have the exact same situation, but it will be with the block to the left. So it’s not like it’s a situation that’s not allowed (2 garages and driveways almost touching). One issue could be that a potential buyer of the unsold left block would want to know about the change, but that’s not your problem anyway.
gillybean
Can’t see how anything will change. Going by that last photo, if you kept it that way, your driveway would be right beside the driveway of the block to the right. By flipping you will now have the exact same situation, but it will be with the block to the left. So it’s not like it’s a situation that’s not allowed (2 garages and driveways almost touching). One issue could be that a potential buyer of the unsold left block would want to know about the change, but that’s not your problem anyway.

Thanks gillybean, you are exactly right. We just went to our Developer's office to get clarification on this as we need to let our Builder know so they can finalise drawings. We won't have issue if we are flipping it so we are going to proceed to relocate the crossover to the other side. I am not usually good at this stuff but it's good I'm learning =)
Related
29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home