Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom build on acerage in Ipswich QLD

Page 7 of 8
jems
Are you ensuite tiles Como Charcoal we have just started a build with hallmark and thats the tiles we picked also

No, they are promenade ash
jems
Are you ensuite tiles Como Charcoal we have just started a build with hallmark and thats the tiles we picked also

We chose Como Grey.

NathanRetreat298
jems

We chose Como Grey.

I have como grey through out in our new build and como charcoal in the bathroom showers vanities etc lol
alymei
jems

No, they are promenade ash

Nice 😊
Concrete and tiles this week. Tilers are 90% finished.

Kids shower

Rumpus room

This week is plumbing and electrical fit off
Facade painted (mostly) today

Facade lights

Loving the pendant

Kitchen tap and sink

And plumbing today too!!!
Ensuite looking good

Love the work in linen!
PCI next thursday 1st Aug
Gee that came up fast....when did your slab go down? Ours was late Jan and we’re still waiting in a tiler. I’m not expecting PCI for another 4-6 weeks.

Hey like you bathroom colours....what benchtops and cabinet colours did you use?
Slab was poured 10th April, certainly many quicker builds out there, but we are rrally pleased with how its turned out.

Cabinets are Polytec Natural Oak and Polytec Carrara tops.
Yesterday we got carpet

Just shower screens, mirrors, paint touch ups and site clean to go now

Site clean and showers etc done
PCI thursday

Who was your building supervisor we are day 70 and looks like we will be in early september.. your house looks great
jems
Who was your building supervisor we are day 70 and looks like we will be in early september.. your house looks great

We are building with a different builder to you

Handover Ekka Wednesday
Hi Alymei,

I like your shower setup, and we are hoping to do something similar with ours in terms of shower head type etc. We are going in Tuesday to talk to the plumbers about shower heads and positioning etc.

Do you know what height the top of your rail is set at? Assuming you are happy with the position of it? I'm sure the plumbers will have their own ideas on standard heights, but from experience we are not keen to rely on tradies 'standards'!
There is what was on the plans:

Awesome thanks, that gives us a good reference point for our plumber meeting Tuesday.

So when is your move-in date at this point? We are still thinking we are 6-7 weeks away, tiling about to finish tomorrow for us.

Any major issues you need to sort out before hand over? Our main thing is our sliding door frame is crap, and some robe/linen fitouts not done per our plans. Otherwise the quality is all fairly good.
We move in on the 15th - just minor stuff really, we are lucky that our Supervisor is the owner and hes been really accomodating.

Finally the front door got painted today. So excited to get the keys Wednesday, moving in Thursday
Related
26/04/2024
Cost of building an acerage home (the hils, NSW)

Building A New House

having built on acres several times i suggest that you also need to add the cost of a sewerage system and any associated fencing, water tanks with associated extra…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum