Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is seven hills a good area to move?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are looking to buy or build a house. Is seven hills a good area to move? We are first time home buyers so we are looking for options where to buy the house as we have a little one who will be going to school next year. So should we consider seven hills as properties are cheap there? or should go for new emerging suburbs like Schofield, Marsden Park?
Thanks
I don't know any of those areas, but if all else were equal I'd probably be preferring Seven Hills because it's on the railway line before Blacktown & I'm pretty sure a lot of trains terminate at Blacktown … meaning your public transport possibilities are greater.

However within a suburb there are always different pockets. Unless someone else responds that one of those suburbs is a straight-out crime-zone compared to the others, I think it'd be comparing the location of individual houses &/or blocks rather than ruling-out entire suburbs.
For example imagine there is only one school in Seven Hills and there are five schools to choose from in Marsden Park … if you found a block or house near the one school in Seven Hills then you might prefer it to a block or house that's a long way from all five Marsden Park schools, even though it "sounds" like Marsden Park is a better option because there are theoretically more schools to choose from.
[note that this is a theoretical example I've got no idea of how many schools are anywhere … however in my experience there do tend to be more young families in new suburbs]
Related
11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

24/08/2023
Can I move my home Gym workout station upstairs?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I have a home gym at home. It weights 150KG including the weight stack. I'm a big boy, around 150KG myself. I was thinking about moving it up stairs to the second…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum