Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes modified Noosa 25 Far North Coast NSW

Page 6 of 6
[quote="Rhani89"]we are still waiting on ANZ to give us unconditional approval. Our loan application was submitted on the 3rd of this month and they are saying they have delays because of the public holidays. I dont even think they have looked at our application yet. This is becoming a circus. We have coral sitting there ready to give us our start date as soon as we receive the letter of authority to commence, and the banks still havent looked at our application. Ah! how do you stay sane and patient
/quote]
Thats really strange.. i had my application back within a week or two and that was earlier this year. I'm with ANZ as well.
seanpain4
Rhani89
we are still waiting on ANZ to give us unconditional approval. Our loan application was submitted on the 3rd of this month and they are saying they have delays because of the public holidays. I dont even think they have looked at our application yet. This is becoming a circus. We have coral sitting there ready to give us our start date as soon as we receive the letter of authority to commence, and the banks still havent looked at our application. Ah! how do you stay sane and patient
/quote]
Thats really strange.. i had my application back within a week or two and that was earlier this year. I'm with ANZ as well.

Theyre saying theyre really behind due to the public holidays. But they were only 3 days last week, and that was 3 weeks into an applicaiton that should have been approved. We called this morning and they said they couldnt tell us anything because weve gone through a broker and only our broker is privy to that information :/ so weird. and frustrating
Tash801
The issues continue through the build unfortunately. We are over 6 months now 3 weeks since pci and still not in!
We couldn’t get the keys without the occupancy certificate, and they wouldn’t give us an interim one either. So jealous you got your keys Brad without the oc!
We have security screens on all windows and doors on our place, it was one of the reasons I didn’t upgrade the door.
We told them about the mistake in the ensuite vanity well before Xmas and it’s still not fixed!
They also missed our linen shelves and gave us the smaller mirror.
At this stage I don’t think we will be in before Easter 😕🥺

Hi Tash, slow to reply as I've been away - just to clarify; we only got the keys after the interim OC was issued. - sorry you are having so many problems.I hope you are in now.
[quote="Rhani89"]we are still waiting on ANZ to give us unconditional approval. Our loan application was submitted on the 3rd of this month and they are saying they have delays because of the public holidays. I dont even think they have looked at our application yet. This is becoming a circus. We have coral sitting there ready to give us our start date as soon as we receive the letter of authority to commence, and the banks still havent looked at our application. Ah! how do you stay sane and patient
/quote]
You stay patient and sane by living according to the 4 As. Alter, Avoid, Accept, Adapt. In the case of dealing with administrative processes accept and adapt is usually your only option.
we were approved today with ANZ.
We are waiting on the formal approval document to sign which will then go to construction team at ANZ for them to issue the Letter of authority to Commence. Coral advised me today they can proceed to issuing this if we can get an ETA on the Letter of Commencement so we could have a start date shortly
We got our start date on Friday. We begin on the 12th of June, SS named Glen Phelps. Hes asked to meet us on site for a few hours on this day to run through things. Is there anything in particular people can recommend we discuss? We have been through all of our plans, electrical, colours, and matched it all to tender etc.

Looking forward to getting this build underway
Rhani89
We got our start date on Friday. We begin on the 12th of June, SS named Glen Phelps. Hes asked to meet us on site for a few hours on this day to run through things. Is there anything in particular people can recommend we discuss? We have been through all of our plans, electrical, colours, and matched it all to tender etc.

Looking forward to getting this build underway

Hi Rhani,

Yay! I remember a sense of finally moving forward when we got our start date...... although it seemed to take forever for it to arrive once it was allocated.

The only thing I can think of straight up is to make sure that he is working from the same plans that you are. I didn't have that issue but someone building nearby me noted early on that their SS was working off plans that pre-dated the final variation. Also ask them whether they prefer and are most responsive to calls, emails or text. For my SS it was short one issue at a time texts and that definitely worked better than any other method.

Cheers,

Brad
Did anyone have to pay extra to have their concrete slab recessed 30mm in the wet areas to allow all tiles to be flush?

We now have a 30mm ramp into all out wet areas which i find dissapointing given tiles was an area we splurged on.

I'm really concerned with how this is going to look

i'm hearing a lot of conflicitng information. People who have built 2 streets away, has all flush floors and they said it was no additional cost and was not even something they had to speak about.

I am interested to hear from others
We have tiles through the whole house (except bedrooms) and the tiles are flush throughout.
Rhani89
Did anyone have to pay extra to have their concrete slab recessed 30mm in the wet areas to allow all tiles to be flush?

We now have a 30mm ramp into all out wet areas which i find dissapointing given tiles was an area we splurged on.

i'm hearing a lot of conflicitng information. People who have built 2 streets away, has all flush floors and they said it was no additional cost and was not even something they had to speak about.

Hi Rhani,

That was something that we completely overlooked. We just thought we'd get what you see in the display homes which is main flooring tiles flush with bathroom tiles; and during the design process no one told us any different .

We ended up going with engineered timber flooring rather than tiles (we are on red dirt and once its in the tile grout it never comes out). When I saw the tile ramps going in I flipped at first as, even though I knew that the timber flooring (and carpet in the master bedroom) would finish below the wet area tile level, I expected a square edge and less of a drop off. However, once the timber flooring and carpet were installed it didn't look so bad. I have never had tiled ramps before so it was unusual to me at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. I don't even notice them now. In fact I think I now prefer the tile ramp compared with looking at a square aluminium edge.

I can't comment on whether Coral normally charge additional for recessing the slab. However, I can see that there would be additional work involved for the concreter, water proofing and tiler. I am not sure how much additional Coral want to charge you but if it is the finish that you want and the cost is not too exorbitant then go for it.

At the end of the day its more about the difference that it makes to your repayments and the length of time that it takes to pay back your loan (assuming you are financing) than it is about the immediate cost. For the extras that you add to take the look and quality of your new home to a higher level it doesn't usually make a great deal of difference to affordability. I only think about finance in this way for appreciating assets (such as the home that that I live in); not for depreciating assets such as cars.

Hope this helps,

Brad
Brad_2477
Rhani89

Hi Rhani,

That was something that we completely overlooked. We just thought we'd get what you see in the display homes which is main flooring tiles flush with bathroom tiles; and during the design process no one told us any different .

We ended up going with engineered timber flooring rather than tiles (we are on red dirt and once its in the tile grout it never comes out). When I saw the tile ramps going in I flipped at first as, even though I knew that the timber flooring (and carpet in the master bedroom) would finish below the wet area tile level, I expected a square edge and less of a drop off. However, once the timber flooring and carpet were installed it didn't look so bad. I have never had tiled ramps before so it was unusual to me at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. I don't even notice them now. In fact I think I now prefer the tile ramp compared with looking at a square aluminium edge.

I can't comment on whether Coral normally charge additional for recessing the slab. However, I can see that there would be additional work involved for the concreter, water proofing and tiler. I am not sure how much additional Coral want to charge you but if it is the finish that you want and the cost is not too exorbitant then go for it.

At the end of the day its more about the difference that it makes to your repayments and the length of time that it takes to pay back your loan (assuming you are financing) than it is about the immediate cost. For the extras that you add to take the look and quality of your new home to a higher level it doesn't usually make a great deal of difference to affordability. I only think about finance in this way for appreciating assets (such as the home that that I live in); not for depreciating assets such as cars.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Thanks very much Brad. Some great info and advice in here
Rhani89
Brad_2477
Rhani89

Hi Rhani,

Hope this helps,

Brad

Thanks very much Brad. Some great info and advice in here

Finally got our issues with our slab design rectified. Coral agreed to recess our slab in the wet areas for $804 for all 4 wet area rooms, meaning our tiles will now be flush. Slight delay, but we are back on track, with piering booked for next week.

Just wondering...
Do coral ever allow you to sign the home over to someone with an ABN on say a weekend? to do decking?
We have a huge amount of red dirt and my dad has said he will deck in our portico for us, and would love to have this done prior to moving in but understand Coral might have issues with this. Just interested to see if others have had any luck with this
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum