Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Change to ceiling height

Page 1 of 1
Can u change ceiling height from 2.4 to 2.75m to upper level after they hav put struts up in a very small house?
Jeweels1969
Can u change ceiling height from 2.4 to 2.75m to upper level after they hav put struts up in a very small house?

Yes
It would cost a substantial amount of money, assuming the upper floor frame has already been designed and built, you would be paying fo the whole upper floor frame to be done again, assume 10-15k
Hope someone can advise or provide opinion, if you are to choose the ceiling height for two storey homes, would you choose: 2.7m to ground floor and 2.4m to first floor, or 2.59m to ground floor and same 2.59m to first floor?

We are looking to build a 2-storey 52sq home with Burbank and the 2.74m ceiling to ground and 2.4m to first floor are included as standard. We have upgraded the ceiling height to 2.59m to first floor, however I have been advised that we may have building envelope issue due to higher ceilings. I actually don't get about building envelope as the other side of the main wall of the house is 3m away from the boundary and the other side is 1.98m away.

We are thinking to leave it as is, 2.7m to ground and 2.4m to first floor since upper floor is mostly bedrooms. But I have this thinking too if we should have 2.59m each on both floors.

Thanks and hope for your inputs.
Wouldn't it be the overall height of the house where your issue is?
Hi luxbuild, not sure about the overall height of the house but I was told that we may not be able to proceed with 2.7m ceiling height to ground floor and 2.59m to upper floor.

We have given two options: 2.7m to ground and 2.4m to upper floor or 2.59m on both ground and upper floors.
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

27/10/2023
Change to Contract

General Discussion

Thank you for this information.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros