Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 21 heavily modified - Coral Homes

Page 7 of 8
Srijit
MrsAJ
Issues continue....

4. Ensuite rectified tile 600x600 full of scratches.
5. Dining stacker door still crooked and not proper. It closes though but will it lock with key I doubt.
7. Under study bench not proper. Ss has already marked in blue tape.
8. Paint totally white patch paint in dining. Ugly.

Hello MrsAJ,

The house looks really good, like the tiles and the dining area. So sorry to hear all the defects and issues. Hopefully they will sort it out soon before the handover. Really getting us nervous now, we are just getting in to tile selection stage. Did you get a private inspector for all the stages. Even we are thinking about the same.

Srijit

Thanks Srijit. We thought the same abt rhe house until we found these issues and more issues to be mentioned in forum..
I would totally recommend you to mention all the laying pattern you wanted during your tile selection. Have it in paper. Clearly check whether everything abt tiling is mentioned inr he document they send and then sign. Don't think you can mention that to tiler. Nope not all tiler are same some strictly deny and stick to their paper work.
Regarding private inspector we had on Frame stage and planning to have one now at last stage. Again I would recommend one during waterproofing stage . Good Luck with your build.
srijit
Thanks Srijit. We thought the same abt rhe house until we found these issues and more issues to be mentioned in forum..
I would totally recommend you to mention all the laying pattern you wanted during your tile selection. Have it in paper. Clearly check whether everything abt tiling is mentioned inr he document they send and then sign. Don't think you can mention that to tiler. Nope not all tiler are same some strictly deny and stick to their paper work. Now having said that we are going to fight with SS with the paperwork as proof that we clearly mentioned we wanted vertical lay for splashback and now they have put in horizontal.
Regarding private inspector we had on Frame stage and planning to have one now at last stage. Again I would recommend one during waterproofing stage as we are currently experiencing water dampness on wall otherside of shower and notices only today due to no stop rain in Sunshine Coast since today morning. Good Luck with your build.
MrsAJ
@srijit
I would totally recommend you to mention all the laying pattern you wanted during your tile selection. Have it in paper. Clearly check whether everything abt tiling is mentioned inr he document they send and then sign. Don't think you can mention that to tiler. Nope not all tiler are same some strictly deny and stick to their paper work. Now having said that we are going to fight with SS with the paperwork as proof that we clearly mentioned we wanted vertical lay for splashback and now they have put in horizontal.
Regarding private inspector we had on Frame stage and planning to have one now at last stage. Again I would recommend one during waterproofing stage as we are currently experiencing water dampness on wall otherside of shower and notices only today due to no stop rain in Sunshine Coast since today morning. Good Luck with your build.

MrsAJ Thanks a lot for the tips , will definitely mention everything in the tiling papers. And will get a Private inspector for 3 stages.
Srijit
MrsAJ
@srijit

MrsAJ Thanks a lot for the tips , will definitely mention everything in the tiling papers. And will get a Private inspector for 3 stages.

All the best. Inspection is mainly for our peace of mind. If you don't mind me asking.. where are you building and do you have your forum started?
srijit
All the best. Inspection is mainly for our peace of mind. If you don't mind me asking.. where are you building and do you have your forum started?
MrsAJ
@srijit

MrsAJ Thanks. True, we might not notice some of the things which private inspectors might be able to easily notice, specailly we are building for first time. We are building in Springfield rise estate (spring mountain,Ipswich). I have not started our forum yet, thought to get all our appointments done, then can start one.
I would like to take this time and thank you all for your advice and suggestions. Being first home built with not any idea what to look, all your messages and tips helped us a lot to keep it together and proceed further easily. We were so confused on every stage and what will happen and you all were there for us. Thank you all 😊

Currently, we are having few major issues and minor touch ups etc.. Fingers crossed for Private inspection on Monday.

Hope all our issues are rectified and things goes smoothly🀞. Pray for us.

Will keep you updated soon.
Hi All,

Our SS and State Manager are working towards fixing the issues found by our private inspector. Except for gutter rest all are minor issues. Hoping for handover next week.
Quick update - We had our second walkthrough on the issues that got fixed which was addressed during pci. Our SS has done a great job in fixing every single issue and we are so happy about it.
Tomorrow afternoon keys and we are so excited about it πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰
Your house has come up beautifully.
Congratulations!!
bestspecials
Your house has come up beautifully.
Congratulations!!

Thank you 😊
Our handover pictures 😊

Congratulations! House looks fantastic!
Looks great. Congratulations.
Congratulations Mrs AJ, it looks fantastic!
bestspecials
Looks great. Congratulations.

Thank You 😊
batzloa
Congratulations Mrs AJ, it looks fantastic!

Thank you 😊
KingTaco
Congratulations! House looks fantastic!

Thank you 😊
How is your house coming?? Did they say any finish date?
THANK YOU ALL for being there for us whenever we had doubts and wanted guidance.
All your messages kept us going and made us prepared for every situation that might come as surprise.
When I look back, the day we started looking at display homes we had no idea what and how it is going to be but we are glad we plunged into it though with fear. Never thought we would be designing and suggesting at what height we wanted everythg in our new home.
There were many days and nights where I was texting and disturbing you all for suggestions and help and you all were there anytime and everytime no matter how small or big the question use to be. Thanks once again 😊
To all those people who are thinking to build YOUR HOME whether it is ur dream home or first home or second home, it is a BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY that you will never forget and never miss. If not us there might be new batch of people helping each other in this forum. Good Luck!!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum