Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 21 heavily modified - Coral Homes

Page 1 of 8
Hi All,

I have been silently reading and getting tips for past few months and now here I am.

I couldn't find any forum on build so thought it will b helpful for those building here.

We are building with Coral Homes. Yes, yes, yes I know what you all must be wondering... Coral even after reading all forums...🤔 I started to read forum after paying initial deposit to Coral and stick to it since May 2018 and proceed ahead in this new venture of Building Home 🤯🤪

Finally, got a corner block which was a must in our check list but had to sacrifice on the size of the block as most of the corner blocks have so many setbacks and size is not bigger.

Fell in love with Manhattan 23 as we liked the big openness to the Kitchen and living. Modified modified n finally went back to Manhattan 21 and made it big to Manhattan 23 size 🤣
MrsAJ
Hi All,

I have been silently reading and getting tips for past few months and now here I am.

I couldn't find any forum on ____ build so thought it will b helpful for those building here.

We are building in ___ with Coral Homes. Yes, yes, yes I know what you all must be wondering... Coral even after reading all forums...🤔 I started to read forum after paying initial deposit to Coral and stick to it since May 2018 and proceed ahead in this new venture of Building Home 🤯🤪

Finally, got a corner block which was a must in our check list but had to sacrifice on the size of the block as most of the corner blocks have so many setbacks and size is not bigger.

Fell in love with Manhattan 23 as we liked the big openness to the Kitchen and living. Modified modified n finally went back to Manhattan 21 and made it big to Manhattan 23 size 🤣
I m still figuring how to add and remove picture here in this Samsung phone 🤔

That's our modified plan with butler's pantry, study instead of study nook, Hollywood robe, bed2 modified with 2 door open and slight changes to ensuite, master bedroom and extended the house from manhattan 21 to more than manhattan 23. We wanted the dining and living beside so, worked with manhattan 21.

Deposit for Land on January 2018
Deposit to Coral homes $3000 on June2018
Final Tender Letter on August 2018
Signed Contract on September 2018
Balance deposit to Harmony and 5% deposit to Coral Homes on October 2018

Now waiting for Tile selection, Colour and electrical this months.

Any suggestion and tips welcome.
Our Learnings in this process:

Fix to the standard design with less changes or you have to pay extra for every small change you make.

Once you like a design then buy the land that fits ur design.

Make a fixed cost rate only if you are sure your land is going to get registered soon or add 3 months extra to the date they say it will get registered.

Shower niche for which you pay will not even fit a shampoo bottle so, plz measure it out.

Make sure you add bricks above windows and doors or it is going to lookout separately.

Make a good amount allowance for electricals in tender letter.

More to come......
Only thing for sure is Splash back tiles for Kitchen n Butlers Pantry. Does anyone know how much will it cost for rectified tile as Splashback.

We have been breaking our head with tiles as we have our tile appointment next week 🤞

Thanks to everyone who have been helping me with so many ideas for tile selection.

Its gonna be National Tiles.
Living we have decided on wood look tiles Forest Natural.
Wet areas mostly will be Atlantis still confused whether to go cream or grey shade??!!

Confused about the Porch and Alfresco whether to go same wood like tile or something different?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Planning to do cafe black gloss just for the tub podium. Should we do white gloss or co grey for walls??? Any suggestions please....

MrsAJ

I like how this one looks, but in the end you're the one who has to live with it.

We've got our tile appointment on Thursday and it is a daunting thought.
TiredHalo
MrsAJ

I like how this one looks, but in the end you're the one who has to live with it.

We've got our tile appointment on Thursday and it is a daunting thought.

Thanks. Our Tile appointment is also Thursday. Where is ur appointment is it with National Tiles?
It made me really sick with severe neck pain looking at it every day and night in front of computer and even in dreams 🤣

Good Luck with ur appointment and let me know how you go 👍
MrsAJ
Planning to do cafe black gloss just for the tub podium. Should we do white gloss or co grey for walls??? Any suggestions please....

I love these options, we havent had our tile appt yet, very nervous about it. I like the cafe black gloss for the bath!
Rhani89
MrsAJ

I love these options, we havent had our tile appt yet, very nervous about it. I like the cafe black gloss for the bath!

Thanks Rhani. We have that as second option currently. First preference would be to put wood look tiles for floor and take it to shower and tub and other walls will be plain white, cream or cool grey gloss. If this is not possible then I wld jump to black cafe tiles for just tub and some other standard tiles for floor and walls.

Ya, its daunting right all these appointments. When is ur tile appointment? Ours is coming thursday🤪
Tomorrow we have our Tile appointment at National Tiles. Hoping everything goes well. Kinda have a rough idea on what we want but we keep changing our minds now and then.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Will post our selections after we complete our tile appointment.
MrsAJ
Tomorrow we have our Tile appointment at National Tiles. Hoping everything goes well. Kinda have a rough idea on what we want but we keep changing our minds now and then.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Will post our selections after we complete our tile appointment.

Thats exciting! What are you thinking size wise? finish? colour?
We finished our Tile appointment at National Tiles Sunshine Coast.

1st Shock we got was an updated list of selections with very few tiles in standard list.

2nd What we chose and finalized for walls and wet area floors was no more standard 😪

3rd Forest Tile which is a timber look tile was standard but they said laying even in standard way without doing offset was going to cost us more. Then eventually after calling coral homes they said no extra laying cost for it 😤

Will update with our selections soon.... waiting for the cost which we were not given during the appointment👎
National Tiles New List with very few tile as standard.

Hi MrsAJ, it’s nice to see someone else from the Sunshine Coast here!
We have our appointment with National Tiles tomorrow (we are building with Vantage), and we have basically the same standard list. They sent it to us a couple of weeks ago, so I have been on the website trying to decide what to pick! I can’t wait to see your selections.
batzloa
Hi MrsAJ, it’s nice to see someone else from the Sunshine Coast here!
We have our appointment with National Tiles tomorrow (we are building with Vantage), and we have basically the same standard list. They sent it to us a couple of weeks ago, so I have been on the website trying to decide what to pick! I can’t wait to see your selections.

Hi batzloa!
Same here, it's so nice to see someone from Sunshine Coast. Where are you building? It's good you were given the correct list. We were given a old one which had Promenade and Alphine 600x600 etc

We are actually waiting for the cost so based on that we can confirm our tile selections.

One thing for sure is we have chosen Forest Natural 300x600 for living, laundry, bathroom, powder room, butlers pantry and kitchen. We upgraded the grout to 3rd level. Not all grout r same price. They have standard range and then upgrade range 1 and range 2. We went with range 2 for Forest Natural.

Regina for Porch and Alfresco. We wanted the Forest tile but we were asked to choose External Tile strictly.

What have you chosen? Do you have your build forum? Will love to see your selections.
The tile inclusions have changed a bit since we did our selections in March. We had a bigger range available which was probably the old list you got first.
Our upgrade cost was only $117 as we only upgraded the floor grout.
bestspecials
The tile inclusions have changed a bit since we did our selections in March. We had a bigger range available which was probably the old list you got first.
Our upgrade cost was only $117 as we only upgraded the floor grout.

Wow!! I think for us it going to be in 4 digits 🤣
We got the Alpine Ivory 450 x 450(for inside and outside) AND Simplicity Mocha 300 x 600 and Industry Mare 200 x 600 (for wet areas). We must have been lucky because the wet area tiles aren't on your list any more.
We also got the Ice Snow for the benchtops. It looks great.
We have been in our house for 2 months at Newport.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum