Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Home Builder - Melbourne

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
Hope your day is going well. I was wondering if anyone cound reccomend a custom home builder in Northern Melbourne. I already have all my plans including engineering. Unfortunately I have been quoted in excess of $20k per square for a 27 sq. home. I'm not really in the position to pay that much for such a small home. If anyone has any reccomendations for builders at the lower end of the spectrum, that would be awesome.
Regards
Fred2017
Hi All,
Hope your day is going well. I was wondering if anyone cound reccomend a custom home builder in Northern Melbourne. I already have all my plans including engineering. Unfortunately I have been quoted in excess of $20k per square for a 27 sq. home. I'm not really in the position to pay that much for such a small home. If anyone has any reccomendations for builders at the lower end of the spectrum, that would be awesome.
Regards

Hey Fred,

I'm in the same boat, trying to build something similarly sized for 20k per sq or less. I don't know if you found a solution, but some of the custom builder names that came up a lot on these forums for Melbourne are: mazzei homes, lat 37, comdain
I kinda pity you guys trying to work out a cost-per-square-metre cost, my experience with quotes vs sizing was that there was indeed some correlation but that it was all over the place. There seemed to be so many places where "a tweak here" would make s surprising difference to build cost (eg. us wanting a double-glazed stacker nearly 5m across upstairs - didn't think about it beyond the cost of the stacker, but it meant they needed more steel in the construction to cope with the weight).
Fred2017
Hi All,
Regards

I assume at 20k per sq u r getting upmarket inclusions? Hardwood timber flooring etc.

If not wnhy does it need to be customed build house? I can understand if your land doesn't allow a volume builder house design.
Related
27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum