Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Skirting board alternative for polished concrete

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

My house is currently being built in Perth WA and I have opted to have polished concrete throughout the place. The builder would not allow me to do this as part of the contract so I have had to request all the flooring to be removed from the initial contract (including the floor skirting) and bring in my own contractor after handover.
Im unsure what skirting people normally use for polished concrete, I have seen the 5mm gap filled with some type of putty in another show home and I thought it looked quite nice but I was unsure of what they used.
I also have opted for a shadowline cornice in every room so im unsure if it would look funny installing skirting on the floor and no cornice on the roof.
Any suggestions? I have not been able to find any advise on google
Can't see why skirting won't look brilliant against your chosen ceiling, there's many modern feature type skirting available.
I think the Splay skirting goes well with Shadowline.
We’ve got shadowline cornice throughout, with splay skirting on th floors.
Ive recently seen shadow line skirting, looks beautiful, but not sure of cost...
Related
23/10/2023
Alternative to hallway?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Might cheaper to changer your idea of what makes a home, have you considered building a porch?

7/03/2024
Sydney Water Board Sewer across House

Building A New House

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry I misunderstood your point

5/02/2024
Skirting and Floorboard space

Building A New House

Joe Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't sorted this already you need to caulk this gap. Not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney I can…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum