Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Vantage Mode facade modified

Page 2 of 5
shokel1975
Macher
We have officially been handed over to construction. Don't know when site start will be yet.
This is a render we did for the front of house.

How exciting!! it only took a couple of weeks for our site start after we were handed to construction. It won’t be long until you see your beautiful new home starting. Enjoy this exciting time

Love your facade and design. I love the ones with square tops. Congrats on the site start.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Progress
I will keep updating these dates as best I can.

Intial deposit 9 April 2018
Preliminary contract 3 August 2018
Final contract signing 10 December 2018
Final variation signing 17 April 2019
Site start 16 May 2019

We have to cut away our timber fence where our garage will sit on the boundary. Would like to know if we have to pull out the post and all of concrete footings or can we just cut away the timer post flush at the footings?

Getting very excited. Fence and toilet on site

Congrats on your site starting soon macher. It is such an exciting time! So much happens in the first few weeks - get ready to do lots of drive bys
It's all happening now! Congratulations!
We are building in Melbourne but it looks like I'm getting lamintons with waffles on the top. I don't recall anyone else's ground works looking like this for waffle pod slab.

Macher

they are edge beams/internal beams.
The external I think is called is a rib.
I got similar. I had P class soil.
What class is yours?
stanus
Macher

What class is yours?
Mine was p class too.

are you getting a site inspection from a building inspector?
Yes, in using new home inspections. They had really good reviews. Boxing up and inspection tomorrow, then pour on Friday. How did your slab go?

there were a few issues which were rectified prior to pour
As I was not an expert I got NHI to inspect. They were and are thorough with there lists.
The last one I did was the fixing waterproof inspection.
Hi Macher, Congrats on your build and wishing good luck with your slab pour! We had our inspection for slab pour by NHI Wednesday and they found few issues and asked the builder to correct those.

Slab is supposed to pour yesterday not sure how did it go!
Slab pour did not go well. There were delays with the site but should be poured on the weekend. Nhi came to site but it was not ready. Now I'm going to be slapped with their fees without an inspection. Still waiting on them to confirm when they will come back for an inspection.

Macher
Slab pour did not go well. There were delays with the site but should be poured on the weekend. Nhi came to site but it was not ready. Now I'm going to be slapped with their fees without an inspection. Still waiting on them to confirm when they will come back for an inspection.

hmm .. that is not good with the extra inspection fees. Normally they will call the site supervisor in the morning of the previous day slab is being poured. Next time try to call site supervisor and get the confirmation that slab is ready for inspection and let the NHI know, however not sure they do inspection on weekends. Hopefully they will come later today and will so the inspection.
stanus
Macher

What class is yours?

This doesn't look like waffle slab set out to me.
I would say this looks more like a rafted slab instead.
alexp79
stanus
Macher

What class is yours?

This doesn't look like waffle slab set out to me.
I would say this looks more like a rafted slab instead.
I thought the same. I haven't seen anyone else's slab prep look like this. They have put foam on top now.

Slab down over the weekend. I can't believe how hard the guys worked. They started at 7am on Saturday and worked till after dark, then back there Sunday morning. I have some concerned as it rained heavily when the slab was setting and they rushed the front garage corner so it looks a bit poorly made but I'm glad the slab is finished. Guys came the next day to clean the site and lay wood chips which is great as it got quite muddy after the rain.

Congrats macher - now you can really get a feel for how the house will sit on the block
Just started and M changes site supervisor again. Third one since site start two weeks ago. Now site is at a halt till they do a transfer. Hope frames doesn't sit in rain for too long.

Related
2/04/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

Your best bet might be to go visit the display homes and walk around in them, and take photos. Get a feel for it in person instead of deciding from the floor plan. There…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum