Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Vantage Mode facade modified

Page 1 of 5
We signed up in March 18 and hoping to sign contracts by next week.

We are building a Metricon Vantage Mode facade modified to 55 squares.

Out facade will be the first Mode Facade we have seen as this is a new facade.

We received contract last week but found many mistakes and requested variation with over 50 changes and corrections.
I have my doubts that they can finish them by our contract signing appointment next week.
Let hope so... Then we can start our build in November 18.

Sounds good! Where abouts are you building? Any plans you care to share?
When do you start? It sounds like a Good size build. Did you upgrade much? It’s normal with admin. They wil muck up heaps of times along the way. Metricon need a overhaul with the admin side. Where abouts you building?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Congratulations,
I love the vantage. The display with the large rear void was up there with my favorites. If I was to build another house it would be it.
We ar building in Altona.
VANTAGE with extended garage extra 0.6m width extra 5m length. Then we added a theatre room additional ensuite to ground floor.
Total 6 bed rooms. 3 With ensuite. 1 bath, 2 pwd rooms.
Main upgrades are
2.7M Ceilings upstairs and down stairs.
90 degrees cornices.
Upgrade all glass balustrades and stairs.
All windows and doors in main living space upgraded to stacker 300 series.
Upgrade stackers with plaster reveals.
Roof sarking, double glazing, phoenix pivot door.
Acron aircon. Upgraded hot water to Rennai as I have no faith in chroma gen. Rainwater tank connected to all toilets.
Extra windows here and there.
We really wanted the recess in the concrete for stacker doors but metricon just wont do it.

Macher
We ar building in Altona.
VANTAGE with extended garage extra 0.6m width extra 5m length. Then we added a theatre room additional ensuite to ground floor.
Total 6 bed rooms. 3 With ensuite. 1 bath, 2 pwd rooms.
Main upgrades are
2.7M Ceilings upstairs and down stairs.
90 degrees cornices.
Upgrade all glass balustrades and stairs.
All windows and doors in main living space upgraded to stacker 300 series.
Upgrade stackers with plaster reveals.
Roof sarking, double glazing, phoenix pivot door.
Acron aircon. Upgraded hot water to Rennai as I have no faith in chroma gen. Rainwater tank connected to all toilets.
Extra windows here and there.
We really wanted the recess in the concrete for stacker doors but metricon just wont do it.

Hi Macher, why won't M recess your stacker doors? They will be recessing ours, and it wasn't an issue at all. The upgrades sound AMAZING by the way. Looking forward to watching your build. And yes.... admin in incredibly slow and frustrating. Lets hope construction is better!
Yeah just push for it, there's been a few other members that were told no initially too, and they ended up getting it. We got all ours recessed no problems.
Hi macher

It's non-standard, but he could add it as an option to your contract, probably. This is a clip from my Vantage 48 pre-contract estimate doc:

I can't imagine that it matters much which series the doors are, or whether they're aluminium or wooden frames, since it's an option to the slab itself.

That being said, there is also no control over what the sales consultant can put in as non-standard options - it's just a text field and an estimated item cost value - so perhaps it's standard practice to refuse/resist non-standard requests in case it leads to situations in which the construction/design team refuse to include the options before final contracts, upsetting customers?

Anyway good luck with it, glad to see your thread and I will be following it with interest! Please keep us updated
Things are taking too long.
Neighbours are annoying. Made the mistake of showing neighbour side view as they have been harrasing me about it and now they are in uproar. Don't like size and height of my house, don't like height of flim as might be a chance we can overlook. Too bad! I'm sure metricon designs homes to meet building codes. Who are they to dictate to me what I can or cannot do.
I won't show them anything again.

Macher
Neighbours are annoying. Made the mistake of showing neighbour side view as they have been harrasing me about it and now they are in uproar. Don't like size and height of my house, don't like height of flim as might be a chance we can overlook. Too bad! I'm sure metricon designs homes to meet building codes. Who are they to dictate to me what I can or cannot do.

That’s a shame that they are being like that. But if it is all to code they can’t do anything. Just concentrate on your build and try not to worry about them!
100% Agree, neighbors can be the worst! Especially when you're building in an old established area. Nothing but complaints and drama. Wanting you to do this and that, while being as difficult as possible. It's pathetic. I feel like it all comes from a place of jealousy!
Totally agree. We bought land from someone that subdivided, and they didn't complete the subdivision plan including drainage, kerb crossovers, etc. before selling. They've had our money for the block since April this year and haven't proceeded with anything on their permits... but have been happy to keep using our land as a dumping ground as if rubbish just disappears for free...
This has just happened to us!!
2 neighbours on one side demanding windows to be removed when they saw the frames go up. Not asking/requesting, just straight out telling us to remove them.
They all comply with council and they carried on saying they are going to sell their house as they do not want windows facing their backyard.
One of our neighbour's boundary is is 22 meters away from the window and called us inconsiderate and said we made no effort to consider our surrounding neighbours privacy!!

I told them where to go as we are the ones paying for the house and it is all to code.
Macher

We got it all over our house. I’m not keeping it. I’m going to take it down. I can’t stand all the obscure windows. It’s ridiculous. We had to have it in all the rooms. Yet we didn’t have to have them in the bathrooms or toilets. Which you can see into their house anyway lol. Also going by my council regulations. It only has to be 170mm off the floor for obscure. Metricon went overboard and covered the whole window.
well it’s all coming down anyway.

Macher

Your not far from me. I’m in Truganina. Your house will look amazing. I have to say so far I’m impressed with Metricon. Had a good run with them. I agree with Dulie. Press them for the recess doors. Don’t give up. I have heard others do it too.

craigo
This has just happened to us!!
2 neighbours on one side demanding windows to be removed when they saw the frames go up. Not asking/requesting, just straight out telling us to remove them.
They all comply with council and they carried on saying they are going to sell their house as they do not want windows facing their backyard.
One of our neighbour's boundary is is 22 meters away from the window and called us inconsiderate and said we made no effort to consider our surrounding neighbours privacy!!

I told them where to go as we are the ones paying for the house and it is all to code.

22 metres away. And still complaining. Maybe tell them if they don’t like it. Then they should go move too the county. Where they won’t have neighbours for kilometres away. Gee I would hate to live next too neighbours like that. Very self centred.

I've been told by M yesterday that they are taking out the rebated stacker doors from my estimate, and that they're not offering it any more due to issues with water collecting in the concrete rebate, etc. They only do rebates for bifolds, because the door has to be able to pivot, and in that case the rebate goes all the way to the edge.
We have officially been handed over to construction. Don't know when site start will be yet.
This is a render we did for the front of house.

Macher
We have officially been handed over to construction. Don't know when site start will be yet.
This is a render we did for the front of house.

How exciting!! it only took a couple of weeks for our site start after we were handed to construction. It won’t be long until you see your beautiful new home starting. Enjoy this exciting time 😀
Macher,

Congratulations.
and enjoy the build start.
When it starts the excitement is on overload.
Every day something new happens.
Remember to take plenty of pics and post here.
Related
2/04/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

Your best bet might be to go visit the display homes and walk around in them, and take photos. Get a feel for it in person instead of deciding from the floor plan. There…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum