Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Review my floor plan please - Bardia NSW Build

Page 2 of 2
kks
Visited a house for sale recently that had 2 front doors (suspect it might have been something to do originally with a home practice) and walked away with that arrangement being a negative point. Clearly it's so important in our home designs to think about that buyer down the track - even for our forever homes.

When you look at the Masterton Tempus on display, it looks good (as if it suits) and I think that sold my family. I have never preferred it because I dont want 2 front doors and also dont envisage that front deck being utilised that much to warrant separate access. The living room is also only for my parents, something they specifically requested.

I also agree that thinking of re-sale is important as we did over capitalise on our previous build. We were planning to stay in that home for 15 years and ended up staying much less and buyers didnt understand the value, especially in this down turn market. We put a lot of money into things buyers couldn't see as well, which has been a big lesson! It was good for us when we lived there but a buyer couldn't appreciate it. But from our sale we took on board comments that buyers left.

We have kept this in mind when designing this home, however I have a back condition that is a diagnosed disability and my parents have a series of health issues so we have to consider some of our preferences over the buyer in order to live comfortably and safely.
Sorry, weird double post!
Our house will have a 2 bed granny flat for our daughter and her partner and then a separate area for our son (bed, bath,WIR, living and kitchenette-wet bar).
I know people will think it’s weird but we’re building it to suit our family, the separate area will eventually just be a rumpus with wet bar and guest bedroom at the opposite end of the house to us.
Works for us.
In regards to garage, our current garage is 8x9, we built it huge to fit our 22’ boat. Our next one will 9x7, will fit two 4WD’s and my car, will have two additional car ports one attached to the granny flat and a double attached to the shed.
So parking for 6 cars and boat/caravan etc.
Hence buying 1.5 acres 😊
gogo65, have you posted your plans? Can’t remember...
Hillsbuilds
@gogo65, have you posted your plans? Can’t remember...

Not yet, waiting for version 3, there’s been issues with both draft 1 & 2 so was just waiting for a plan that was close to what we want, hopefully in the next two weeks.
How’s your build progressing?
gogo65
How’s your build progressing?

The pool’s being put in atm. They were working yesterday despite the thunderstorm! Retaining wall after that, then hopefully the slab.
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

26/10/2023
Builder Charging to Review Independent Reports

Building A New House

It is true that a builder can ignore your independent inspection report as it is not part of the contractual arrangement but that is stupid because he cannot avoid fixing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum