Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help with facade materials and colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we are building a heavily modified UE home on a corner block and as such we have a custom facade. Our sales consultant has done a great job in rendering a model for us to see how the wrap around portico will look, but I’m a little concerned with our material/ colour choice and we have our colour appointment in a couple of weeks, I was hoping some of you may be able to give some input.
Materials we have available to us are brick, render, tile and cedar strip cladding.
What to put where? We want a colourbond roof in either night sky or monument, black boutique windows and stackers, and cedar strip cladding on one corner of the entrance.
Piers, the garage door, and the main brick we are unsure of... we want to keep away from anything with too much yellow/red/brown in it- even the cedar we were thinking of staining it with something with more black in it. Should we go for a lighter brick colour due to everything else being dark? Most facades I’ve loved have been double storeys with parapets- a single storey hip roof I’m a little lost with getting that quality architectural look without standing out like the proverbial- in Diggers Rest if that helps.
I’ve attached the renders of the front of the house. I’ve also attached a few facades we love the material selection on. How to get that same look on a single with a hip roof, I have no clue...
Any thoughts guys?
Much appreciated! Cheers

Any thoughts?

Related
26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

15/01/2024
Finding materials in stormwater drain

General Discussion

in the stormwater pit or the drain? Those dont look like theyd fit in the drain. Separately, the pits do get stuff in them during the course of the build. For the most…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum