Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How to Identify Block Boundary

Page 1 of 1
I just got my new constructed house handed over last week. Today I found my neighbour had extended his concrete from driveway to the right hand side of his house where is in border with my block. There is a boundary peg in front of our blocks, if I stand at the boundary peg and look ahead, I can feel that his extended concrete seems like going beyond the boundary to my block.

Given the boundary peg had also been moved by building during construction, I'm also not quite sure if the peg was re-installed by the builder to the right place.

I'm going to install fencing early next week, so I urgently need to got some one to double check the block boundary for me. Who should be the right person I speak to for this? the developer or council surveyor?

Much appreciated for your advice.

First get a copy of your site plan and check the dimensions. hth
When you say the boundary peg was moved, do you mean the one that sticks up that you can see, or the one that is buried in the ground nearby (the actual boundary peg). The nail in the top of the buried one is the actual boundary point, maybe have a dog around and see if this is still there, should be within about 15-20cm of the visible one. Also, sometimes the estate marks up the block divisions on the kerb, might be a helpful starting point.

What about checking your building plans? They should have distance from house to boundary marked, eg 900mm, then a quick tape measure between your house and the end of your neighbours concrete should give you a good idea..
That will all depend on how well your builder laid out your slab, they could be off by as much as 100mm at times

joannapaulp
When you say the boundary peg was moved, do you mean the one that sticks up that you can see, or the one that is buried in the ground nearby (the actual boundary peg). The nail in the top of the buried one is the actual boundary point, maybe have a dog around and see if this is still there, should be within about 15-20cm of the visible one. Also, sometimes the estate marks up the block divisions on the kerb, might be a helpful starting point.

This.

The two-foot tall red and white stake is not the boundary peg, which is an official survey mark. Moving/tampering with survey marks is an offence (in QLD anyway).

If the pegs are there, run a string line between them rather than trying to eyeball it. If one or more pegs are missing, the only way to reinstate is via a cadastral survey.
Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum