Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Homezone - Perth Midora Bay build

Page 1 of 2
This is our second build and I wanted to record the progress of the build with Homezone. Plus there isn’t much out there on Homezone so hopefully this might help others.

We shopped around and almost went with another builder but even though they offered everything we asked for, the house just didn’t look the way we wanted it and anything we asked for just made it go up in $$$$.

By fluke we walk into a display home and talked to Paul from Homezone and told him what we wanted and how everyone seemed to be offering the same thing. No one offered us a house that we would go “Wow that’s what we want“. So we walked out of there not thinking of ever going back there or talking to them again. A few days later Paul from Homezone emailed us a design and it just blew our socks off.

So I messaged him to find out the price and it came back really good so I met up with Paul from Homezone and told him how we would like thing to change to suit us.
We basically want the minor rooms to be 4x4 m . The scullary to be a real scullary to keep all the mess in when entertaining. And the garage to fit 3 cars at 31c.
This is what he sent me:

We love it. They did a few other drawing and very cleverly moved things around.
I wanted the balcony ceiling to be removed so it goes straight to the skillion roof and wood look cladding to go underneath. They had to change to roof design to suit.

I’ve played with it a little and wanted just a few changes and sat down this morning with Paul and Martyn from Homezone and showed them this.

I am not good at doing this forum stuff so I hope it’s all working lol

I’m looking forward to seeing what they will come back with.
Plan looks awesome!
gogo65
Plan looks awesome!

Thank you. My wife and myself are amazed at how good it is. Everyone else has been offering us a big rectangle
Plan looks great!

Just make sure you get it re-priced before signing as they've given you over 50m2 of extra house from the original plan (which I assume was priced?) to what you have now; definitely not cheap when most of it is on the upper floor
HereForHelp
Plan looks great!

Just make sure you get it re-priced before signing as they've given you over 50m2 of extra house from the original plan (which I assume was priced?) to what you have now; definitely not cheap when most of it is on the upper floor

Yes thank you for the advice, we have the updated price and it still a really good price
We have chosen the flooring from carpetcall

It's a dark engineered wood floor, I hope it works

The carpets I don't really care about. I can't tell the difference between an expensive carpet and a cheap one. As long as it's easy to clean.
Martyn from Homezone has sent us some options for the front elevation

What do you think?

( the colours are for illustration purposes only )
Martyn from Homezone changed the design of the shower making it bigger

Plus gave the front entry a bit of an interesting feature

We wanted a barn door on the front of the scullery. So Homezone cleverly moved walls to suit. The flow of the area just seems to work better now.

Simonhome
We wanted a barn door on the front of the scullery. So Homezone cleverly moved walls to suit. The flow of the area just seems to work better now.

Pads down bricks delivered

Good luck with the build! Did you change much at pre-start?
Look forward to seeing the finished product!
Congratulations on the start! Which elevation did you end up with?

HereForHelp
Good luck with the build! Did you change much at pre-start?

Added a lot lol
amilelka
Congratulations on the start! Which elevation did you end up with?

The middle picture
gogo65
Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Me too lol

Well the house going up in a storm. Can’t believe we have gotten this far so soon.
We might even be in the house by the end of the year, idk.

Must say I’ve been really happy with the work Homezone has done. I would honestly say they are so much better to deal with then any other build we have been involved with.

They have helped us out so much and taken time to actually listen to us. The GM himself has spent time talking to us and takes such a personal interest. He in fact emailed us with a new balustrade he found that will add so much more flare to the house, no other builder would do that, and it was cheaper!

We get emailed weekly a report on how the build is going and at what point we are at. Just got one today that the roof will be going up. Can’t believe we are at this point.

The render is going on , yay!
So you are building in Madora Bay? How far from the ocean is the block?

Looks amazing!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum