Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR in Melbourne VIC

Page 1 of 1
Good evening everyone!

My partner and I have started down the long road to build our dream house. I have been messing around on a floor plan for a while and below are the results.
I would appreciate any suggestions or questions you may have.
Btw the green on the first floor is where there will be standard ceiling. All other parts if the first floor are vaulted ceiling. And yes the Ms has dictated the size of the WIR.

Cheers!

Hello, what an amazing facade! Did you design this yourself, or with the help of a professional? Which way is north?

Hillsbuilds
Hello, what an amazing facade! Did you design this yourself, or with the help of a professional? Which way is north?

Hi thank you! I designed it myself. The property runs East-West so North is to the left on the pictures.
Nicely oriented! What do you plan to clad the upper floor with? The vertical lines bring to my mind colorbond, the Matt range that they’ve been advertising. I’d love to see that! Will be following
Hillsbuilds
Nicely oriented! What do you plan to clad the upper floor with? The vertical lines bring to my mind colorbond, the Matt range that they’ve been advertising. I’d love to see that! Will be following

Yes well done! The top is the colorbond Matt range, I have been a fan of that style for a long time. The bottom will be a black brick in a Daiper pattern.
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum