Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes – Lisbon 25, Hervey Bay / QLD - PCI

Page 2 of 4
mpricecs
GarethB
Booked in for tile appointment for the 12th and color & electrical on the 20th September.

Have been mucking around with plans of what i think i want in regards to electrical and lighting, any opinions from anyone would be great as i want to get it sorted before the electrical appointment and always good to get a fresh set of eyes.

Looks OK,
Just remember with lighting to watch where you cast a shadow if you have overhead lighting. Include as many power points as you can, including hallways for things like vacuum cleaners, future lamps etc. Electrical is expensive. Here are some sample costs from our build:

Credit for unused batten lights - $89 ea
Downlights - $146 ea
12W LED up/down lights for the facade - $254
20W LED outside floodlight - $202
Dimmer Switch - $120
2 way light switch - $60
Double powerpoint - $90 ea
Square white exhaust fan - $195 ea
Wire and install owner supplied pendant light - $133
Wire and install owner supplied fan - $167
Additional Light circuit - $222 ea
Additional power circuit - $213 ea
Outside power connection/junction box - $353

It can quickly add up.

Hi Gareth,

I have started taking with Brisbane North Coral team and so far so good. I am interested in this Lisbon 27 & 31 design. I have not decided yet. This is my first home and no idea what I should be looking for. You are far ahead of me so please kindly suggest anything that I should look for when it comes to price negotiation as I am on a limited budget.
We put 4 downlights in the family room but put them on 2 separate switches, so that way you can watch the TV and only have the back lights on and not the ones over the TV.
We have found that the downlights are very bright, so probably didn't need as many as we got.
We put downlights under the eaves (1 for the clothesline on one side and 2 down the other side where the path is)
Don't forget your outdoor spotlight for the driveway

This is our plan (page 2) - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91042
They have connected the water, i like seeing this starting to happen.

Tomorrow is electrical and color appointments, hopefully after that it starts happening quickly.

Today was the electrical & color appointments.

Final Electrical Plan

All of my colors together.

Big timber sample is the garage door, small is the front door, selected breaking dawn for brick and coal roof, with a light render on the portico and monument for the gutters etc.

Bathroom sinks

For the master bathroom selected the one shown in black but got it in chrome instead.

Kitchen colors with the floor tile, bench is urban.

Tile with the carpet and wall colors.

Just hope that in the end it all works well together.
GarethB

Final Electrical Plan

Big timber sample is the garage door, small is the front door, selected breaking dawn for brick and coal roof, with a light render on the portico and monument for the gutters etc.

Bathroom sinks

For the master bathroom selected the one shown in black but got it in chrome instead.

All looks good. After a while you will forget how much work you put into it and start second guessing yourself, but it will all work out good
mpricecs
GarethB

Final Electrical Plan

Bathroom sinks

All looks good. After a while you will forget how much work you put into it and start second guessing yourself, but it will all work out good

Gosh i hope so,

I got so over looking at a million colors and different options over the last month.
GarethB
mpricecs
GarethB

Final Electrical Plan

Bathroom sinks

Gosh i hope so,

I got so over looking at a million colors and different options over the last month.

Nice work Gareth. Your colours are nice, very neutral you can't go wrong
I'm with you, so glad that's done. We just have a few changes of heart after a think as we got a little rushed near the end because it took us so long!
By the way, we seen you there
My wife clicked as I was replying to your reply to our post.
Santo65
I'm with you, so glad that's done. We just have a few changes of heart after a think as we got a little rushed near the end because it took us so long!

Yeah i was going for very neutral colors to hopefully last a long time, haha wasn't actually me at the appointment it was my folks, i am stuck at work in the middle of the ocean so they were sending me a million photos so i could choose everything.

But funny that the appointment was the same day
GarethB
Santo65

Yeah i was going for very neutral colors to hopefully last a long time, haha wasn't actually me at the appointment it was my folks, i am stuck at work in the middle of the ocean so they were sending me a million photos so i could choose everything.

But funny that the appointment was the same day

So I was right about the older couple
Wow they did an amazing job for you...there's a lot to do!
Santo65

Yes 100% them, and they did an amazing job

Cant wait to see it come together.
Santo65

Yes 100% them, and they did an amazing job

Cant wait to see it come together.
Very exciting day today, they started working on the site.

This week has been a productive week, they have done the piers and also the pipe work.

GarethB
This week has been a productive week, they have done the piers and also the pipe work.

That's awesome Gareth you're up and away now!! Unfortunately we've had a major delay as the bank done a back flip on us when we had to re-apply for our bridging loan. So now we've had to change plans and sell our house first (which is a much better idea anyway), but it's stalled everything. The missus is very down hearted about the whole thing now. So all the best with the rest of your build. Looking forward to watching your progress
Oh that is not very good at all, reading quite a few of those stories lately I think the banks are freaking out a little bit.

Hopefully it doesn’t stall it too long and you can get back on track quickly.

Santo65
GarethB

That's awesome Gareth you're up and away now!! Unfortunately we've had a major delay as the bank done a back flip on us when we had to re-apply for our bridging loan. So now we've had to change plans and sell our house first (which is a much better idea anyway), but it's stalled everything. The missus is very down hearted about the whole thing now. So all the best with the rest of your build. Looking forward to watching your progress
GarethB
Oh that is not very good at all, reading quite a few of those stories lately I think the banks are freaking out a little bit.

Hopefully it doesn’t stall it too long and you can get back on track quickly.

Santo65
GarethB

Yes you're spot on Gareth, it's exactly what has happened. We're still believing but it all hinges on the sale of our house now. We're confident it will sell but what we're offered for it is the burning question. The bank agent wanted to keep trying but I told them enough was enough and decided for this option. In the end we won't have to pay the bank interest so that's the positive at this stage. Thanks for your concern, it's appreciated
Genuinely excited to see the rest of your build in particular how your network ends up
so keep the updates coming!!
Yes at least you won’t be paying extra interest, less money you give the banks the better

Will update next week again, I am currently at work so these are just photos I have been sent. Will get to actually see for myself in 2 weeks time when I fly up there for a few days.

When I head up have appointments to sort out kitchen pantry and solar/battery as well since I probably won’t get back up it see house until maybe February some time.
GarethB
Yes at least you won’t be paying extra interest, less money you give the banks the better

Will update next week again, I am currently at work so these are just photos I have been sent. Will get to actually see for myself in 2 weeks time when I fly up there for a few days.

When I head up have appointments to sort out kitchen pantry and solar/battery as well since I probably won’t get back up it see house until maybe February some time.

I wonder what the bill will be from your folks...lol
Looking forward to seeing more Gareth
More progress happening on site, Monday 12th they delivered all of the supplies for framing up the slab.

Thursday 15th the slab frame has been all setup and is ready to be poured, hopefully this happens soon, I assume they wouldn't leave it too long to do the pour after setting all the frame up.

Have heard the neighbors are nearly ready to move in by the end of the month, so the first fence down one side will be going up in a couple of weeks.

Okay so i post the last update too soon.

Slab was done this morning.

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum