Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knock Down Rebuild - Doulton 57 Classique

Page 6 of 7
House powering along nicely Charlotte
Here's another with the classique facade in the next street to me. Wish we had the extra funds for it.

wow that looks amazing, thanks for the pics

Metricon really nailed it with that Facade. Is that a small balcony at the top middle, or just windows leading to a non access area?
betterman
wow that looks amazing, thanks for the pics

Metricon really nailed it with that Facade. Is that a small balcony at the top middle, or just windows leading to a non access area?

It’s actually double door leading out to the balcony.
dulie
House powering along nicely Charlotte
Here's another with the classique facade in the next street to me. Wish we had the extra funds for it.

You could have one next to your new house too lol. Your house is beautiful too
Looks great! Is the garage door extra wide or is the picture angle making it an illusion?
r_13
Looks great! Is the garage door extra wide or is the picture angle making it an illusion?

We extended the garage nearly 1m.
Charlotte.h
r_13

Hi Charlotte.h

We are also just starting our build with Metricon Doulton in the classique facade.

Just wondering if you used an independent building inspector with your build.
Yean
Charlotte.h
r_13

Hi Charlotte.h

We are also just starting our build with Metricon Doulton in the classique facade.

No we don’t use independent inspector. My husband and I is in building industry for over 10y. So we r checking the building ourselves with help from electricians inspector and plumbing.

If you haven’t started frame as yet I would recommend to upgrade to compress board to the floor in wet areas. We didn’t know that Metricon is using partical board. And check the waterproofing to the wet area.

Which area/state r you building?
We are building in Keysborough, South Eastern part of Victoria.

We are still in the early process and still waiting for preliminary contracts before we go to Studio in mid March.

Do we still need to upgrade to compressed board even if we have Hebel power floors. Thanks.
Yean
We are building in Keysborough, South Eastern part of Victoria.

We are still in the early process and still waiting for preliminary contracts before we go to Studio in mid March.

Do we still need to upgrade to compressed board even if we have Hebel power floors. Thanks.

If you have hebel floor then no need.
Yean
Charlotte.h
r_13

Hi Charlotte.h

Congrats on the start Yean.
The Doulton family is growing!
Start your own thread when you can so we can follow your build.
Will do Stanus
Hello Folks, Glad to see a large family of DOULTON houses
I am planing to build in the North, have been to SIGNATURE display house in Greenvale and Doulton display in Burwood. I have got few questions and i am positive to get replies as i can see many experts here of Doulton. This is gonna be our first building Project, i am a bit concern cause i do a lot of interstate & overseas travelling nature of my work. I am also on a Budget, by the looks of it this project is looking very straight forward however, i am sure this won't be the case, by the way we are planning for Doulton 46.

1. Base price is $435k, what you think what extra $$ if i upgrade like flooring, carpets, Kitchen,cooling etc.

2. How long the whole process will take from start till completion?

3. How much i should keep extra $$ for front yard+Back yard+ Fencing etc?

4. What kind of surprises i can face?

5. My block size is 600+SQM approx, do you think it is enough for this type of house?

I am thinking of going for MODE facade to save money and spend on other things.

Your suggestions will be much appreciated
GTR35
I am planing to build in the North, have been to SIGNATURE display house in Greenvale and Doulton display in Burwood. I have got few questions and i am positive to get replies as i can see many experts here of Doulton. This is gonna be our first building Project, i am a bit concern cause i do a lot of interstate & overseas travelling nature of my work. I am also on a Budget, by the looks of it this project is looking very straight forward however, i am sure this won't be the case, by the way we are planning for Doulton 46.

1. Base price is $435k, what you think what extra $$ if i upgrade like flooring, carpets, Kitchen,cooling etc.
- I would suggest to do tiling, carpets after handover, we r doing tiling and carpet and safe a lot of money.
You would need to do cooling during contraction as it’s will be more expensive after handover. Do standard lights upstairs and downlighting downstairs.
Would strongly upgrade the floor in the bathrooms do not use the yellow tounge
Depends on the sale consultants for administration, admin is the longest process but you need to make sure everything is right before construction, once construction it will take between 7-10m.

We r on the construction so wouldn’t know until we got handover.
Just make sure you understand everything but best to get the independent inspection to check on the trades work as some trades are shocking
5. My block size is 600+SQM approx, do you think it is enough for this type of house?
Check with the sale consultant they will put the house dimensions on the block and let you know if it’s fit.

Good luck with the house
GTR35

I would say minimum of $200k on upgrades and site costs. Would be closer to $400k if you want it like the display home.

Depends on the state you're in. QLD/SA 1 year, VIC 1.5 year, NSW 2 years+

Really depends on your land (retaining walls can cost lots) and what your plans are. $20k - $200k

What can't go wrong...

Should fit fine, obviously depending on frontage and shape etc.
dulie
GTR35

I would say minimum of $200k on upgrades and site costs. Would be closer to $400k if you want it like the display home.

Depends on the state you're in. QLD/SA 1 year, VIC 1.5 year, NSW 2 years+

Really depends on your land (retaining walls can cost lots) and what your plans are. $20k - $200k

What can't go wrong...

Should fit fine, obviously depending on frontage and shape etc.

I think you need a 16+ frontage. That price is $10.000 cheaper then what I paid.

I don’t think I can answer your question on what to upgrade. I have always been one that goes overboard lol. We upgraded nearly everything. We went double our base price.

All the best with your build.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I will also build with metricon classique facade. I am just wondering when you upgrade the first floor to 2.7m high, do we need to upgrade the facade timber window to be high? The original is 1.5m high for the first floor of 2.4m high.
Charlotte.h
r_13

Hi Charlotte,
Could you please let me know how much did you have to pay to increase width of garage by 1m?
Thanks
Hi Tanya.
Extended the garage cost us 5k as we increase the ceiling height and garage door.
Are you looking to build the doulton ?
Charlotte.h
Hi Tanya.
Extended the garage cost us 5k as we increase the ceiling height and garage door.
Are you looking to build the doulton ?

Thanks Charlotte. Yes, have had floor plan finalised and very close to signing PC. Extending garage just realised-5.55 m wont be good enough to park 2 big size cars.
Have you moved to your new house? Sorry, if you already posted about it, I am new to the forum. We are building in Geelong.
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum