Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Statesman homes

Page 1 of 1
Hello I am wondering if anyone can help me .

I am a first home buyer and we are looking at home and land packages in moana .

We have found one and I am speaking with an agent about land deposit etc.

He said he could offer me 10k to help with our deposit if we opted out of using their current promotion of 45k in discounts on your first home ??

Does this sound right ? So that means we'd have 25k in deposit using the first home owners grant ??
kristenfrost

He said he could offer me 10k to help with our deposit if we opted out of using their current promotion of 45k in discounts on your first home ??

Does this sound right ? So that means we'd have 25k in deposit using the first home owners grant ??
Yes hickinbotham also contributed 10k to our deposit but we were ineligible for promotions

Guy T
kristenfrost

Yes hickinbotham also contributed 10k to our deposit but we were ineligible for promotions

So it's a real thing? No catch or anything else? If that's the case we will only need 15k more for our deposit if we include the first home owners grant too
Like a rabbit in the headlights. Nothing, repeat nothing, is free in this industry. The sales team are there to get your signature. Nothing wrong with that.
kristenfrost
Guy T
kristenfrost

So it's a real thing? No catch or anything else? If that's the case we will only need 15k more for our deposit if we include the first home owners grant too
Correct. No catch. I guess it would add up about the same for the company as you're ineligible for savings through promotions. It was attractive for us as we would rather spend less time saving and start contributing to mortgage payments for our new home. From my understanding hickinbotham group (statesman, SA housing and hickinbotham) are the only company contributing 10k to deposit. From memory we only paid around 13k towards our deposit but contributed a bit more later towards upgrades. We're due to move in about 2 weeks viewtopic.php?t=88863

Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum