Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Daydream 28 Far North Coast NSW

Page 5 of 10
Sorry didn’t see your update above me! 😬 hoping for a slab
Got our slab yesterday. Yay!!! but now they saying the carpenters are behind as well so hoping for frames end of next week, week after. Hoping for no more rain
Tash801
Got our slab yesterday. Yay!!! but now they saying the carpenters are behind as well so hoping for frames end of next week, week after. Hoping for no more rain

Congratulations!!!
Tash801

Yay! We are hoping for our slab next week.
Week 2 and 3: temporary fence up, for some reason kids were really excited to see the porta-loo delivered, screw piers in, plumbing and electrical in, slab prep completed >> ready to pour slab in week 4.

Not sure how the screw piles work. All that weight held up by a bunch of steel posts that are held in position by the soil only? I have no choice but to put trust in the engineers I suppose.

Brad_2477
Week 2 and 3: temporary fence up, for some reason kids were really excited to see the porta-loo delivered, screw piers in, plumbing and electrical in, slab prep completed >> ready to pour slab in week 4.

Not sure how the screw piles work. All that weight held up by a bunch of steel posts that are held in position by the soil only? I have no choice but to put trust in the engineers I suppose.

Looking great, just curious as to how long it took for them after plumbing to get the slab boxed up? I just had my plumbing work and everything completed yesterday so just trying to work out when they will box it up.
GarethB
Brad_2477

Looking great, just curious as to how long it took for them after plumbing to get the slab boxed up? I just had my plumbing work and everything completed yesterday so just trying to work out when they will box it up.

Hi Gareth, Drainage plumbing was done Monday, steel reinforcing and foam delivered Wednesday, slab boxed up on Thursday. Yours might be boxed up and poured in the same week. Cheers. Brad
We got our frames finished and gutter fascia as well. They are super quick on the bills. 2 hours after our frames were finished I had my frames bill
Brad_2477
GarethB
Brad_2477

Hi Gareth, Drainage plumbing was done Monday, steel reinforcing and foam delivered Wednesday, slab boxed up on Thursday. Yours might be boxed up and poured in the same week. Cheers. Brad

So they ended up boxing up on Thursday and then poured the slab on Friday, very quick and very happy.

Been told the frame will happen mid next week.
Tash801
We got our frames finished and gutter fascia as well. They are super quick on the bills. 2 hours after our frames were finished I had my frames bill

Hi Tash, sounds like your build is progressing well. Our slab is in and frames delivered. Are frames are meant to be up next week.

The frame up payment stings.....
that's when I'll start noticing the loan interest.

😊
So exciting once you can see the frames up. We have been lucky and won’t start paying our loan until the next payment as we had some cash. Any recommendations for landscapers in the area? We are going to need retaining walls
Tash801
So exciting once you can see the frames up. We have been lucky and won’t start paying our loan until the next payment as we had some cash. Any recommendations for landscapers in the area? We are going to need retaining walls

Hi Tash,

Try Richmond Sand and Gravel, Ballina. I think the name of the guy to speak with is Mick. They do a full design, supply, machinery and install package price. The more you do with them the cheaper the unit prices are. You don't have to pay for the full package up front, you can stage it and still get the discount at each stage. They are flexible with whether or not you include the design and install service so you could still get a discount price for materials only supply for DIY or mix it up with some design, some labour and some DIY to get discounted prices across the lot.

They won't be the cheapest but so far they have been the most helpful and enthusiastic.

I have tried three other landscapers and it is like trying to pull teeth to get them to turn up and quote...... actually just getting to return phone calls is hard enough. I even had one landscaper who advertises that they do rock walls but then tried to talk me into doing a timber retaining wall because they didn't really like doing rock walls.......... go figure?

We don't have to start paying the loan until after the build but just watching the interest charges get added at the end of each month is enough to make me bite my nails.

I am away at the moment but my wife sent through some pics of wall frames installed today. Done in one day!!

Cheers,

Brad
Hi Gareth, The early stages seem to happen very quickly. Progress seems to slow down after lock-up. I hope they allow enough time for your slab to cure before installing wall frames. Not saying that it is going to happen to you but keep an eye out for the edge of the slab crumbling when they drill into the slab to fix tie rods. A couple building with Coral near me had the edge of their slab blown out in half a dozen or so places when holes for tie rods were drilled. They pointed the broken bits out to their SS. The problem was fixed by filling the broken edges with a resin. Hope it doesn't happen to you but just keep an eye on it. Cheers. Brad
Have you got your frames yet Brad? We noticed a lot of our ‘noggin’ things are loose and not straight. Worried about hanging things on them in future. Doesn’t look right to me
Hi Tash,

I have been a bit busy over the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to update my progress posts....... yes frames are up and they started putting on the fascias and gutters today with roofing to start this week also.

It is not critical that noggins are level and it is pretty common for noggin to be inexact / skewed in its placement. So long as the frames are square and not warped. We have a couple of rough bits in ours as well but the chippies were back there this morning so I am yet to see whether they have completed the incomplete bits and fixed the couple of rough bits. I will check on my way home this afternoon.

If you are concerned about how your frames are looking request a walk through with your SS.

Cheers,

Brad
Thanks. Yeah I will be he’s just not very good at emailing back
My SS responds best to short texts.
Hi wondering has anyone built with Andenbrook homes ballina
radford

Hi radford, try searching username GoodeOne; topic RE: Adenbrook Homes Ballina - Bricks Near Completion!
Brad_2477
radford

Hi radford, try searching username GoodeOne; topic RE: Adenbrook Homes Ballina - Bricks Near Completion!

Thanks Brad, we have looked at Coral and like the plans they have . We have received a estimate on a grange 25. Enjoyed reading your post very helpful.
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum