Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Daydream 28 Far North Coast NSW

Page 4 of 10
Yay!!! Must feel good to finally see that digger on site.
Such fantastic news! Fingers crossed for a smooth and fast build
Site cut and fill all done but with all this rain we will be pushed back already! Ss said the cement guys are super busy so everyone’s piers and slabs will probably be pushed back. Supposed to get peirs on the 16th and slab on 23rd!
Tash801
Site cut and fill all done but with all this rain we will be pushed back already! Ss said the cement guys are super busy so everyone’s piers and slabs will probably be pushed back. Supposed to get peirs on the 16th and slab on 23rd!

Tash we are at week 34 of our build....unfortunately the delays continue but as soon as the house is at lock up the rain shouldn't be a problem for you. Fingers crossed!
AlstonvilleBuild
Tash801

Tash we are at week 34 of our build....unfortunately the delays continue but as soon as the house is at lock up the rain shouldn't be a problem for you. Fingers crossed!

What! week 34!! That exceeds the contract maximum of 224 days...... oh, it's 224 days to practical completion.... so I assume your build got to practical completion within 224 days and now you are just waiting on final fix ups and an occupation certificate?
Brad_2477
AlstonvilleBuild
Tash801

What! week 34!! That exceeds the contract maximum of 224 days...... oh, it's 224 days to practical completion.... so I assume your build got to practical completion within 224 days and now you are just waiting on final fix ups and an occupation certificate?

Well......let's just say they snuck a little line into our last variation that stated practical completion had to be 245 days after start date. I saw it and thought oh yes that sounds right...... nope, they gave themselves an extra 20 days. Also got me to sign that we were at practical completion when I was on the phone to a trade and talking to the electrician at the same time. Told me it was "just a list of things to fix up...sign here" didn't tell me it also meant I was signing that we had reached practical completion. It was the ballina SS not ours on the day. Super super sneeeaky. We are not paying the final amount until it's all done though so we are just sitting and waiting now. They had to replace our house of carpet, replace our entire tiles splashback and replace a kitchen benchtop. They're the big things we are now waiting on. Not something I want to pay up now for and wait forever to get fixed. So over it. I haven't had a rant until now. Sometimes enough is enough
That’s a long time I would be over it too!!! I’m hoping we have a 20 week build. Why did they have to replace the tiles?
The tiles were perfect, we upgraded to the marble tile splashback but then other trades came in and put in the cooktop and scratched and chipped the marble, then when coral tried to fix it they made it worse. They wanted to tile over the tiles but we said no because it would reduce the size of the benchtop and be too close to the cooktop so they had to pull the whole wall of tiles down and wait to order new tiles etc. Waiting on tiles at the moment. Poor tiler though, they said he would have to pay for it all and it wasn't his fault.
AlstonvilleBuild
Brad_2477
AlstonvilleBuild

Well......let's just say they snuck a little line into our last variation that stated practical completion had to be 245 days after start date. I saw it and thought oh yes that sounds right...... nope, they gave themselves an extra 20 days. Also got me to sign that we were at practical completion when I was on the phone to a trade and talking to the electrician at the same time. Told me it was "just a list of things to fix up...sign here" didn't tell me it also meant I was signing that we had reached practical completion. It was the ballina SS not ours on the day. Super super sneeeaky. We are not paying the final amount until it's all done though so we are just sitting and waiting now. They had to replace our house of carpet, replace our entire tiles splashback and replace a kitchen benchtop. They're the big things we are now waiting on. Not something I want to pay up now for and wait forever to get fixed. So over it. I haven't had a rant until now. Sometimes enough is enough
/quote]

AlstonvilleBuild
The tiles were perfect, we upgraded to the marble tile splashback but then other trades came in and put in the cooktop and scratched and chipped the marble, then when coral tried to fix it they made it worse. They wanted to tile over the tiles but we said no because it would reduce the size of the benchtop and be too close to the cooktop so they had to pull the whole wall of tiles down and wait to order new tiles etc. Waiting on tiles at the moment. Poor tiler though, they said he would have to pay for it all and it wasn't his fault.

It's just appalling..... might have to offer the tiler a carton of beer or nice bottle of wine to lift their morale..... I hope it is all over for you soon...... oh, BTW I wouldn't call it a rant, you are just stating the facts.
I hope you get Neil as your tiler also, he's wonderful and does a really good job.
4 days until you start Brad. We just finished week 2 and only have cut and fill done ☹️ You guys will probably overtake us
Tash801
4 days until you start Brad. We just finished week 2 and only have cut and fill done ☹️ You guys will probably overtake us

Hi Tash,

Apologies for the delayed reply. We started a day early!! The site is being cut today, retaining wall in by end of this week

Our SS informed me that there is a bit of a back log on concrete but is hopeful that we will have our slab down by week 3 (this week being week 1)................ assuming the weather holds out.

Hopefully, yours is progressing this week now that the rain has eased.
Congrats Brad, that's awesome news!
How exciting Brad, finally some progress for you.. Congratulations!!! We walked past last night and saw the excavator on the land
So exciting when you start early Isn’t it!
We got peirs today hoping for plumbing tomorrow then slab next week. So we are only 1 week behind what he said so as long as the rain stays away we should be good!
Week 1. We are finally away!! Block was cut and filled, retaining wall is in and a surveyor pegged out the house.

Have you got anymore done Brad?
Looking good Brad!
Tash801
Have you got anymore done Brad?

I'll let you know at the end of this week.

How is your build progressing?
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum