Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Daydream 28 Far North Coast NSW

Page 6 of 10
Have been busy and was away for work for a while so I am a bit behind on updates. Here is the progress schedule over the past few week:

Week 4
-Slab poured
-Site back bladed
-Frame and trusses delivered

Week 5
-Frame start
-Frame complete
-Roofing delivered

Week 6
- Wrapped
- Fascias and gutters on
- Roof sarking on
- Roofing start (and almost finished)

Looks good! Definitely catching up to us. Our roof isn’t finished. They ran out of tiles. Should have bricks and plaster started next week but nothing has been delivered for it
Crazy amount of activity on the site during Week 7 and 8.

Week 7
-Roofing finished
-Carpenter lock up (windows and external doors)
-Electrical/plumbing rough in
-Insulation install walls completed and ceiling insulation started
-Plaster start
-Brick start

-Certifier frame inspection - cleared

Found 4 problems with the frame and one power point back plate should have been above bench height in the study. One text message to the SS and the problems were fixed before the end of the week (as well as a couple of problems with the frame that I missed).

Week 8
-Brickwork finished
-Plaster / internal lining including cornice finished

-External cladding stage completed (invoice arrived almost immediately after brickies bugged out)

The bricks are bloody ugly...... thankfully they will be covered with painted render.

Future washing up view
Looks amazing!
Got to lock up pre Christmas shut down, good job.
I like the brick, it's fine, what colour is it?
All the best with the rest of the process, hope all goes well.
We start our coral build next month.
WowBingo
Looks amazing!
Got to lock up pre Christmas shut down, good job.
I like the brick, it's fine, what colour is it?
All the best with the rest of the process, hope all goes well.
We start our coral build next month.

The brick colour "bloody ugly"...... but they'll be covered with painted render .... which should improve the brick dramatically

Thanks for the rest. I hope the info I've posted has been of some assistance in navigating the Coral Homes process.

Where are you building?
Hey Brad, just wondering if you can remember how much it cost you to upgrade to cherry blossom exposed aggregate? Was this not a standard option?
Rhani89
Hey Brad, just wondering if you can remember how much it cost you to upgrade to cherry blossom exposed aggregate? Was this not a standard option?

Hi Rhani.

'Cherry blossom' is not a standard exposed aggregate option for our area. In our area the only available exposed aggregate is 'midnight'. We only found this out at the colour selection.

We had an initial upgrade charge of $896 for 70.8m2 of exposed aggregate concrete (which included the exposed aggregate upgrade + an extra 20.8m2 on top of the standard 50m2 included in our original package price). At the colour selection 'cherry blossom' was an additional $988 upgrade - that is for 70.8m2 of concrete.

I think the main contributing factor to the cost is the need to transport the 'cherry blossom' aggregate from somewhere north of Brisbane as, apparently, its not an aggregate that local concrete manufacturers keep in stock.

Cheers,

Brad
Looks good. We got our brick invoice the day before the brickies finished! We had our kitchen and bathroom cabinets installed last week and I’ve been told that’s it before Xmas. They made a few mistakes with them though. The bathroom is supposed to have 2 sets of draws and only has one. The laundry sink they centred on the bench instead of having it to the side so we had bench space. Going to site this afternoon to tell them.
Brad_2477
Rhani89

Hi Rhani.

'Cherry blossom' is not a standard exposed aggregate option for our area. In our area the only available exposed aggregate is 'midnight'. We only found this out at the colour selection.

We had an initial upgrade charge of $896 for 70.8m2 of exposed aggregate concrete (which included the exposed aggregate upgrade + an extra 20.8m2 on top of the standard 50m2 included in our original package price). At the colour selection 'cherry blossom' was an additional $988 upgrade - that is for 70.8m2 of concrete.

I think the main contributing factor to the cost is the need to transport the 'cherry blossom' aggregate from somewhere north of Brisbane as, apparently, its not an aggregate that local concrete manufacturers keep in stock.

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks so much Brad, so there is a standard agregate option and that is midnight? If we go with midnight do we still have to pay an upgrade cost to upgrade to aggregate? Or is that standard?
Rhani89
Brad_2477
Rhani89

Hi Rhani.

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks so much Brad, so there is a standard agregate option and that is midnight? If we go with midnight do we still have to pay an upgrade cost to upgrade to aggregate? Or is that standard?

Hi Rhani, sorry for the delay in responding; I've only just seen your message. Broom finished concrete is standard, aggregate is an upgrade but in the local area the aggregate upgrade is for midnight only. If you want any other aggregate colour there is an additional cost which depends on the aggregate that you want. Hope this makes sense. Merry Christmas! Brad
Week 9
Not a great deal happened this week but I expected a wind down leading into Coral Home's three week construction close down over the Christmas period.

- Walls, ceiling and cornice finished
- Wet area water proofing finished
- Holes punched through wall and ceiling sheets to accommodate future downlights and switches; all in the correct location!

On our start date our SS indicated that he was aiming to have us to lock-up by Christmas. He achieved that and is well into the fixing stage so I am very happy that our build is in a good position for both the Christmas close down and for kicking off with sofit sheet installation, rendering and fix out in mid-January. Our SS told us that his goal is to achieve practical completion by early March.

I won't post anything now until work resumes on our build. Merry Christmas and happy new year to all. Stay safe on the roads.

Brad
That’s great brad. We are expecting pc then as well. We have tiles starting 17th and carpenters back on the 14th for the rest of our interior items (like shelves in pantry ect) seems to be going fast still
Received the phone call that our land titled today. All ready to build on. Now to get through admin.
Ive started considering a pool and know this may halt things though :/
Rhani89
Received the phone call that our land titled today. All ready to build on. Now to get through admin.

Depends where you want the pool to go. If it's 3m or more off the house it will be fine, unless you need the pool in first due to access? We have our pool going in now so post handover and it just had to be 3m off the house so not to affect the slab. If you go closer they just have to allow for extra piering.
AlstonvilleBuild
Rhani89

Depends where you want the pool to go. If it's 3m or more off the house it will be fine, unless you need the pool in first due to access? We have our pool going in now so post handover and it just had to be 3m off the house so not to affect the slab. If you go closer they just have to allow for extra piering.

did it cost you much more to put it in post handover?
Hey Brad, im just wonderig how much it cost to render your whole house?
We also did render post handover, Haley told me it would be cheaper. $5256 for render and another $2500 to paint it.
Rhani89
AlstonvilleBuild
Rhani89

did it cost you much more to put it in post handover?

We didn't have to pay any extra because our pool is 3m off the house slab so just the normal price for a pool. That part isn't cheap though lol.
AlstonvilleBuild
We also did render post handover, Haley told me it would be cheaper. $5256 for render and another $2500 to paint it.

Thank you, how much did it cost you roughly to do it post handover. I could get coral to render it for 5 something and then dad could paint it
Rhani89
AlstonvilleBuild

Thank you, how much did it cost you roughly to do it post handover. I could get coral to render it for 5 something and then dad could paint it

$5256 was for render post handover so it sounds like it may be similar?
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum