Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis upgrades

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

We've just paid our initial deposit after preparing our quote for our new home build and there are still a lot of unknown costs that i think won't get discovered until World of Style. We're building a non-prestige build, but have a lot of upgrades (the floor plan suited us best).

Couple of things I'm thinking are going to have big costs, just wanted to see who's done it with PD befoer and how much it cost.

- Wall mounted TV's. What's the cost for this? I was told by the sale guy yesterday that mounting taps on the wall is $500!!!! I'm wondering a TV mount is going to blow out too which seems ridiculous because its pretty straight forward.

- Windows. We are doing a hamptons theme so I would like that classic timber look on the windows on the front of the house. Is there any added cost for this - are they going to lump us with some generic boring looking window and make us pay through the nose for something nice?

- Doors. How much do doors with glass in them cost like in most of the display homes? I've noticed all the external doors (laundry, front door) have glass but I am pretty sure the standard are just a basic looking door.

- Network cable wiring. Does anyone have a SQM price for cabling the house? I would like to run network cable throughout the house but am worried this will blow out too.

I'm sure more things will come to me, or if you have any other suggestions that I should consider that'd be great!!
See existing thread here. Some of the things you listed might have been already mentioned in that thread its just a matter of searching within it.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54817
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum