Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ask for help with size of HDG pipe and thickness of footpath

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

My house has finished handover and now I am doing landscaping. The plumber put a big size HDG pipe (200*100) which council would not allowed. Council only allow 150*50 and even 125*75 does not work. The main conflict is because my footpath is higher than kerb and if 200*100 or 125*75 pipe are in use the footpath concrete on top of it could not be at least 75mm which is required by council. Hydrolic engineer from Metricon said if use smaller capacity it will result water overflow at the time of heavy rain. He recommend using 2*125*75 to replace 1*200*100 which is now in use. But council refuse and insist to use 150*50. Hydrolic engineer said 2*150*50 could not meet the capacity requirement and only could work if use 3*150*50. But council would not allow 3....

Now it seems a big problem for me as it is very difficult to meet both their requirement. I am thinking to divert the water route to make it work. I am thinking 3 methods as follows and had sent them to hydrolic engineer that has not sent feedback yet:
1. Dig a deeper water pit just next to the current water pit and connect pipe to the kerb. As 125*75 is only 25mm deeper than 150*50mm, so maybe the deeper water pit is not too hard to dig?
2. Dig a deeper water pit on the higher lever side.
3. Try to connect a new pipe to south side of house rather than north side as south side is higher than north side.

What do you think guys?

Carol

Related
30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum