Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Driveway Construction regulations and controls

Page 1 of 1
Good morning,

Can anyone direct me where i can find the driveway construction guidelines?

I am told that there are rules around the gradient and curves, but i cant find anything.

To add to this, i have a Hydrant point on the foot path that my proposed driveway would be 500mm away from this point.
I dont consider this an issue as a neighbour 20m away has these smack bang in the middle of her driveway!

Appreeciate any help/guidance on this. (im building in Campbelltown Council NSW if that has any bearing)

Thanks in advance.
There is some information about slopes at this link;anewhouse.com.au

As far as curves are considered a suggestion is to set out the area in an empty car parkand mark it out with something like milk bottles.

You can then see if you can back the car into the 'garage'
Related
23/05/2023
Soundproofing regulations in Australia

General Discussion

If you don't want to annoy the neighbours then simply get yourself some good head phones. For me the sound is much better using headphones. The NCC (National Construction…

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

29/08/2023
Landscape construction drawings and process

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks very much! And would the landscaper/contractor generally involve the engineer or is that something the client would do? Thanks for your help

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum