Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Boston38 - SEQ

Page 2 of 2
Quick update. K-Spec frame inspection was great. 4 very minor defects picked up that were rectified within a day. Inspector was extremely happy with the job. Plasterers and brick layers started this week. All plastered in 2 days just missing cornice and finishing. Brick layers 90% done. Site was spotless before the inspection, crazy how much mess and wastage these 2 trades create.

It’s been about 10weeks since our site cut. All bricks have been completed, all plaster inside is completed waiting to be finished, scaffolding erected for upper cladding install.
I suspect we are getting close to the external linings progress claim.
So far everything has gone to plan with no real concerns.
Happy with the brick choices and can’t wait to see the render go on and the scarf removed to see the look from the street.

Scaffolding came down this week. Upper half painted , kitchen and bathroom cabinets started being installed. Can’t wait to see it fitted out inside.
Dan brissy
Scaffolding came down this week. Upper half painted , kitchen and bathroom cabinets started being installed. Can’t wait to see it fitted out inside.

Looking good, and progressing well.
Great looking home, how difficult was it for the works getting completed on the garage wall side (LHS)? Looks very tight in there against the neighbours fence. Love this thread, nice and concise.

sweetswisssteel
Great looking home, how difficult was it for the works getting completed on the garage wall side (LHS)? Looks very tight in there against the neighbours fence. Love this thread, nice and concise.

Thanks sweetswisssteel , Didn't get any feedback that it was difficult against the fence. The front feature brick is fairly close but the face brick down the actual side is about 700 off the fence I think so should have been ok. Wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic about being concise 😂, feel like I dump too many photos up here... About to dump a heap more too lol.
Progress has been steady even through the wet weather which is great. Site supervisor is extremely organised and barely has had a day on site without heaps of action. Supplies delievered one day and the trades there the next, good communication and so far no issues. Kitchen minus the bench top are in, met the tiler onsite Monday which was good to get a look around and take some photos , he’s already 25% done.
Garage doors and exterior painting got finished today too ( forgot to get a photo).

Any more update photos?
mrcrawford
Any more update photos?

I’m a bit slack, moved in around December will try and get some in the next week.
That would be great as we are mulling over this design atm also. Is there anything I should look out for or changes that you wish you had of made?
mrcrawford
That would be great as we are mulling over this design atm also. Is there anything I should look out for or changes that you wish you had of made?

Inside shots are ordinary sorry, will try and retake another time.
In terms of the design I wouldn’t change too much.
We changed garage access to through the pantry only I would either go back to the hallway access or maybe both if you could make it work. Really happy with the design still. Would have added more in upgrades during colour stage rather than try and do it yourself cheaper. All security screens, door/windows. All pantry WIR/WIL Stegbar upgrades.
In general we were really happy with the build. Would definitely build with Coral again.

Thanks Dan. Massive help.
mrcrawford

NP.. Forgot to mention awning windows.. I would get rid of as many as I could and change with Louvres or just standard sliding.. awning are horrible for airflow.. biggest regret for me.
Dan brissy
mrcrawford

NP.. Forgot to mention awning windows.. I would get rid of as many as I could and change with Louvres or just standard sliding.. awning are horrible for airflow.. biggest regret for me.

Couldn't agree more - awnings look a treat, but they're dreadful for airflow
How long was the build from contract signed to handover?
[quote="mrcrawford":1yk2c72i]How long was the build from contract signed to handover?[/quote:1yk2c72i]
Site cut was 1/8 and we had final inspection week before Xmas.(22/12 I think) Moved quick to make sure we were in before Xmas other wise it’s an extra few weeks to the build when everything shuts down.
I think contract was signed about 6weeks before cut, we took a long time to sign as we went back and forth with tender letters making sure everything was perfect before we signed. Rather than rush it with the express to contract thing they had going then risk having to have variations.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum