Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR in Melbourne SE suburbs- Carlisle - Montpellier 51

Page 9 of 10
Wow!!!
Congratulations and all the best
:cheerleader:: All the best
PCI done today. Minor rectifications which will be done by end of the week.
Most probably handover next week. Excited
but overwhelmed!!! So much left to do.....drive way, landscaping, blinds etc.
HoneyDee
PCI done today. Minor rectifications which will be done by end of the week.
Most probably handover next week. Excited
but overwhelmed!!! So much left to do.....drive way, landscaping, blinds etc.

Yay! Awesome news Honeydee congrats !!!

Hi honeydee, so how would you rate your overall experience so far with the builder?

Does the quality of finish and final product gone beyond your original expectations?

Would you build again with same builder.

And one other thing, it may be an optical illusion but the house looks to “not” be horizontal in each of your photos, what’s going on? Is there a slight fall across the frontage?
Dusty4
Hi honeydee, so how would you rate your overall experience so far with the builder?

Does the quality of finish and final product gone beyond your original expectations?

Would you build again with same builder.

And one other thing, it may be an optical illusion but the house looks to “not” be horizontal in each of your photos, what’s going on? Is there a slight fall across the frontage?

Hi Dusty 4,

Till now all good. Will know the quality of the build once we move in and start living there.

As for the photos, my error in clicking them. The house is absolutely straight. Unfortunately my angle of shooting isn’t 😂

Yaayyyy Finally!!!! Got the keys today. Absolutely Stoked!!!
HoneyDee

Congratulations!! Wishing you all happy days ahead in ur new home 😊
MrsAJ
HoneyDee

Thank you MrsAJ
Are you building too?
HoneyDee
MrsAJ
HoneyDee

Thank you MrsAJ
Are you building too?

Yes. Currently having few issues with pci and ss.
Honeydee, congratulations on handover. How was your experience.
HoneyDee

Congratulations HoneyDee!! So happy for you

Thanks Manj. Before this I thought it was hard dealing with the builder. It is harder now, getting the fencing, drive way, landscaping done
Seems like we will not be moving for another 3-4 weeks. The weather is adding to our woes.

How are you going with your move? Settled in?
HoneyDee
Thanks Manj. Before this I thought it was hard dealing with the builder. It is harder now, getting the fencing, drive way, landscaping done
Seems like we will not be moving for another 3-4 weeks. The weather is adding to our woes.

I know things just gets even harder .. we’ve moved in .. had some sewage issues with Yarra valley water/ builder.. then have crook realestate who doesn’t want to return bond
in full claiming minor issues .. and the unpacking

Hope things go well for you!

Manj
HoneyDee

I know things just gets even harder .. we’ve moved in .. had some sewage issues with Yarra valley water/ builder.. then have crook realestate who doesn’t want to return bond
in full claiming minor issues .. and the unpacking

Hope things go well for you!

Thanks Manj. All the best to you too.
HoneyDee

Congratulations on your new home. We also started the process with Carlislehomes in SE suburb. May I ask did you use their DJM Building Surveyor that Carlisle appointed or you used independent one?

Thanks!
makido
HoneyDee

Congratulations on your new home. We also started the process with Carlislehomes in SE suburb. May I ask did you use their DJM Building Surveyor that Carlisle appointed or you used independent one?

Thanks!

Hi Makido,

You have to appoint DJM as surveyor on behalf of Carlisle and yourself. They make it compulsory.
But we also got New Home Inspections to do independent inspections on our behalf for: pre slab pour, post slab pour, frame, pre plaster, water proofing and final inspection. They are pricey but do a very good job. I have heard Darbeca are good too. If budget permits, definitely arrange for private inspection. Will give you peace of mind.
May I ask which house design are you building? Is it a knock down rebuild?
HoneyDee
makido
HoneyDee

Thanks!

Hi Makido,

You have to appoint DJM as surveyor on behalf of Carlisle and yourself. They make it compulsory.
But we also got New Home Inspections to do independent inspections on our behalf for: pre slab pour, post slab pour, frame, pre plaster, water proofing and final inspection. They are pricey but do a very good job. I have heard Darbeca are good too. If budget permits, definitely arrange for private inspection. Will give you peace of mind.
May I ask which house design are you building? Is it a knock down rebuild?

Thanks for your quick reply. We are building Sheraton Deluxe as a knock down rebuild. Montpellier Design is lovely too but our land couldn’t fit
Hi Makido
Sheraton is a lovely design too.
Your house is already demolished?
HoneyDee
Hi Makido
Sheraton is a lovely design too.
Your house is already demolished?

We haven’t demolished yet
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum