Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

North Kellyville The Promontory

Page 1 of 2
Hi There,

Has anyone completed the BAL assessment/bush fire report on the Promontory development blocks in North Kellyville (off Foxall road).

Njay
hi Njay,

We are also building in Promontory in North Kellyville, we have been advised that the land would be effected with BAL.
We are still in the process of finding the builder, there is a slope in our land which is more then the initial contour diagram we had..
Who are you building with?
also are you building a custom built house
HI ash28,
Welcome to the forum. We are building custom design home with GJ Gardner. Accepted the tender last week and waiting for the bush fire report.
Thanks Njay..we are also considering GJ gardner...but not decided yet..how is your experience so far with them?
ash28
Thanks Njay..we are also considering GJ gardner...but not decided yet..how is your experience so far with them?

So far my experience with GJ Gardner is very good. Its too early for me to make any comments because construction hasn't started and nothing completed yet. Is your block on Riverside way?
we are on the Rolland Garros Crescent.. is your plan DA approved already? we are still deciding between Lilly Homes, Edenbree or GJ Gardner.
Can I ask you, if there was price difference between what the sale consultant told you and on Tender? Thanks
ash28
we are on the Rolland Garros Crescent.. is your plan DA approved already? we are still deciding between Lilly Homes, Edenbree or GJ Gardner.
Can I ask you, if there was price difference between what the sale consultant told you and on Tender? Thanks

The next step is DA approval and hasn't been submit to the council yet. Waiting for the bushfire report to finalize the DA submission.
Ours is custom design and we have added lots of extra features and inclusions. So our tender price is blown out by couple of hundred thousand dollars. PM me if you need any information.
ash28
hi Njay,

We are also building in Promontory in North Kellyville, we have been advised that the land would be effected with BAL.
We are still in the process of finding the builder, there is a slope in our land which is more then the initial contour diagram we had..
Who are you building with?

Hi,

We are also building on Roland Garros and investigating our options for a sloping block. How did you go finding a builder and deisgn to suit the block?
Hi,
initially we paid $1000 for tender to Clarendon and after 2 weeks they came back that they can't do it because of too much slope.
I lost the deposit. I have heard that lot of project home builders are ripping off people by taking deposit and then not going ahead with the build . Please be carfull
ash28
Hi,
initially we paid $1000 for tender to Clarendon and after 2 weeks they came back that they can't do it because of too much slope.
I lost the deposit. I have heard that lot of project home builders are ripping off people by taking deposit and then not going ahead with the build . Please be carfull

Wisdom tried to do the same but they refunded the initial deposit, So don't let it go and as asked for the refund because its not you backing off from the deal.
Njay
ash28
Hi,

Wisdom tried to do the same but they refunded the initial deposit, So don't let it go and as aked for the refund because its not you backing off from the deal.

Thanks Njay,
will talk to Sales Agent tomorrow , let's see how it goes....initially thy said it covers the cost of Contour and Soil report, a copy of which have been forwarded to me. But other Builders are saying they have to do thier own survey and Contour.
Hi everyone, we too are building on Roland Garros Crescent and have just had out block surveyed. It has come back with a 5m fall across the whole length of the land.
Has anyone had their BAL rating done yet?
We are looking at a custom build because of the slope.
krilicro
Hi everyone, we too are building on Roland Garros Crescent and have just had out block surveyed. It has come back with a 5m fall across the whole length of the land.

We are building on Riverside Way and more closer to Bush than yours. Bushfire report has been done and submitted for a DA approval. Ours is BAL40 in the front and BAL 29 East side. No BAL ratings on other two sides.
Njay
krilicro

We are building on Riverside Way and more closer to Bush than yours. Bushfire report has been done and submitted for a DA approval. Ours is BAL40 in the front and BAL 29 East side. No BAL ratings on other two sides.

Hi, nice to meet you. So that will mean that we will likely have no BAL rating too which is good news.

Which builder did you decide on? and did you do a split level? we have a decent slope so looks like we have no choice but to build a split level.
krilicro
Njay
krilicro

Hi, nice to meet you. So that will mean that we will likely have no BAL rating too which is good news.

Which builder did you decide on? and did you do a split level? we have a decent slope so looks like we have no choice but to build a split level.

Yes that's true not many project builders builds more than 2m slope. Ours is similar to yours with 5m slope from back to front. We are going with GJ Gardner with split design. (two steps in the middle and one step in the back).
Hi All,
We are building on Riverside Way aswell. Plans have been submitted to the council. The council has advised that the BAL rating for my lot is FZ (Flame Zone). Has anyone else got the same BAL rating?
We have not finalised the builder yet. Just waiting for the plans to be approved.
Tx
krilicro

Hi...welcome to the forum.
we are also on the Roland Garros Cr....if you like you can join the facebook page group of DP286793
ash28
krilicro

Hi...welcome to the forum.
we are also on the Roland Garros Cr....if you like you can join the facebook page group of DP286793

Hi Ash, can you tell me the name of the group so I can search for it, thanks
Vj123
Hi All,
We are building on Riverside Way aswell. Plans have been submitted to the council. The council has advised that the BAL rating for my lot is FZ (Flame Zone). Has anyone else got the same BAL rating?
We have not finalised the builder yet. Just waiting for the plans to be approved.
Tx

Did you submit the bushfire report to the council with your DA submission?. What was the BAL ratings on the report or council override the BAL ratings in the report ?
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros