Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Window Splashback Installation

Page 1 of 1
HI All

Building with masterton and got a window splashback.

It doesnt cover the whole splash back so we though they would center the window from the bench top to the cupboards.

Unfortunately the window is sitting about 1cm from the bench top leaving a large space to the cupboards.

Do you think this is normal or they would have measure incorrectly. Trying to argue this with them now they are saying its withing the construction plan, but the plan doesnt state height at all.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
yx108
It doesnt cover the whole splash back so we though they would center the window from the bench top to the cupboards.

Unfortunately the window is sitting about 1cm from the bench top leaving a large space to the cupboards.

Sorry, but I don’t understand what you are describing. Do you have a photo? Do you mean it is sitting 1cm above the benchtop and so there is walling (plasterboard) between the top of the window and the bottom of the overhead cupboards?
Most I have seen have the bottom of the window lining up with the bench. The window head height is usually dimensioned on the external elevation. The kitchen plans should also show the position, although probably not dimensioned.
Splashbacks tend to be just above the bench, so it makes sense that they position the window similarly.
Related
24/10/2023
Really really bad window installation

Windows & Doors

do not pay until you are satisfied with workmanship windows require flashing over the head archithrave and up under weatherboards

21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum