Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Cleland in Adelaide

Page 1 of 2
Hi all

I've been using the homeone site to guide me through the pre-build stage but thought it was time to make my own thread

We are building the Cleland 242 through Simonds Homes in SA. I haven't been able to find any threads so far with the Cleland (or Ledger in VIC) so hopefully this might help others in the future.

At this stage we are waiting for our formal approval and our permits so should start the build process in the next few months.

Please feel free to have a look, give advice, ask questions as we are new to this house building thing!

Plan sitting on our block which finally goes to settlement this Friday after a year of waiting!!!

Front elevation showing facade.

Floor plan
lovely big block. and really nice house too. Are you going to build in the outside area?
Hi Nawsome, sorry for the late reply. Yeah the plan is to build a nice outdoor area that flows with our open plan kitchen/dining/lounge areas. Looking forward to having a nice big block with room to move
So these are some of the selections we made. Going for a hamptons inspired look but more modern, very bright and airy.

External -
Roof: Basalt
Bricks: PGH Oyster
Mortar: Stnd Grey with White sand
Garage: Surfmist
Windows: Pearl White
Front door: Monument Gloss
Weatherboards: Haymes Smoky Silhouette

Internal
Main floors - Laminate Universal Oak Ash White
Bedrooms and Theatre room: Carpet Black Magic

Kitchen -
Cabinetry: Polar White Silk
Kitchen Benchtops: Caesarstone Frosty Carrina
Splashback: Beaumont City Grey Gloss tiles 200x400 laid brick bond
Pantry benchtops: Laminex White Valencia

Ensuite -
Cabinetry: Polar White natural finish
Benchtop: Laminex White Valencia
Floor tiles: Lifestyle Charcoal 400x400
Wall tiles: Valencia stone grey gloss 200x400 stacked

Bathroom -
Cabinetry: Polar White natural
Benchtop: Polar White natural
Floor tiles: Lifestyle Charcoal 400 x400
Wall tiles: gloss white tiles in herringbone pattern
Wall grout: misty grey

Laundry -
Cabinetry: Polar white natural finish
Benchtop: Polar White natural finish
Backsplash: gloss white tiles in herringbone pattern
Grout: misty grey
Hi Sarahmarie,

How are you going with Simonds and your build?
We're strongly considering building the cleland and would love to see some progress shots!

Cheers,
Chelsea.
Hi Sarah
We are also building this great plan in SA

How’s your experience going so far has the build started?? Quick question I’m curious as to why you changed the pantry location ?
sarahmarie
So these are some of the selections we made. Going for a hamptons inspired look but more modern, very bright and airy.

External -
Roof: Basalt
Bricks: PGH Oyster
Mortar: Stnd Grey with White sand
Garage: Surfmist
Windows: Pearl White
Front door: Monument Gloss
Weatherboards: Haymes Smoky Silhouette

Internal
Main floors - Laminate Universal Oak Ash White
Bedrooms and Theatre room: Carpet Black Magic

Kitchen -
Cabinetry: Polar White Silk
Kitchen Benchtops: Caesarstone Frosty Carrina
Splashback: Beaumont City Grey Gloss tiles 200x400 laid brick bond
Pantry benchtops: Laminex White Valencia

Ensuite -
Cabinetry: Polar White natural finish
Benchtop: Laminex White Valencia
Wall tiles: Valencia stone grey gloss 200x400 stacked

Bathroom -
Cabinetry: Polar White natural
Benchtop: Polar White natural
Floor tiles: Lifestyle Charcoal 400 x400
Wall tiles: gloss white tiles in herringbone pattern
Wall grout: misty grey

Laundry -
Cabinetry: Polar white natural finish
Benchtop: Polar White natural finish
Backsplash: gloss white tiles in herringbone pattern
Grout: misty grey

Have you taken any photos? Your external facade is almost the same as we are going to choose, so if you can post photos taken both inside and outside your house it would be really helpful. 😀
Tysonandkaylie
Hi Sarah

How’s your experience going so far has the build started?? Quick question I’m curious as to why you changed the pantry location ?

Hi Tysonandkaylie,

I can't speak for Sarahmarie but we are using the cleland as the base for our home design (have made significant changes) and have done the same. We did it so we could make it into a L Shaped kitchen with a bench along the window to have the sink facing the alfresco area. We also wanted an island so wanted the L to open it up a bit

I think I'm following your build on instagram, found your page when searching for others building the cleland
Chelsea1990
Tysonandkaylie
Hi Sarah

Hi Tysonandkaylie,

I can't speak for Sarahmarie but we are using the cleland as the base for our home design (have made significant changes) and have done the same. We did it so we could make it into a L Shaped kitchen with a bench along the window to have the sink facing the alfresco area. We also wanted an island so wanted the L to open it up a bit

I think I'm following your build on instagram, found your page when searching for others building the cleland

Oh awesome what’s your account on insta?
I haven't made one just yet for our build, its probably a bit too early as we're still finalising our plans. But if I end up making one I'll let you know

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you building?
Chelsea1990
I haven't made one just yet for our build, its probably a bit too early as we're still finalising our plans. But if I end up making one I'll let you know

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you building?

Awesome sounds good ours is pretty quiet atm but we sign our contract tomorrow so build and updates will be starting real soon

In Gawler!
How about you?
How exciting! Good luck! I will keep an eye on your page.

We’re building in Virginia grove
Hi all

Sorry for the late reply, havent been on here in a while.

We changed our pantry layout because we were going to do a servery but realised we didnt quite have enough room. We ended up leaving the layout because we liked the flow better and also wanted an island.

We started the build at the beginning of November. So far Simonds have been great, really on the ball with everything and our site supervisor has been awesome.

Bebbsy, they opted to start on the inside before the brickwork so I dont have any pictures of a finished facade unfortunately.

Good luck to everyone building!
sarahmarie
Hi all

Sorry for the late reply, havent been on here in a while.

We changed our pantry layout because we were going to do a servery but realised we didnt quite have enough room. We ended up leaving the layout because we liked the flow better and also wanted an island.

We started the build at the beginning of November. So far Simonds have been great, really on the ball with everything and our site supervisor has been awesome.

Bebbsy, they opted to start on the inside before the brickwork so I dont have any pictures of a finished facade unfortunately.

Good luck to everyone building!

Fantastic that’s awesome glad to hear your having a good expirience

Is your site supervisor Andy?
Look forward to seeing it progress !!
Any Updates Guys??
Hi Tyson

Sorry for the late response, i dont really come on here anymore.
Yep Andy is our SS, he has been great so far. We had an issue with our tiling and he got it fixed within a few days. Tradies have been pretty good, just a few minor issues that were fixed straight away. We have an independent inspector which has been amazing.
We are about 6 weeks out for completion so weatherboard on the facade is going on and we wont be far from installation of shower, sinks etc.

Pretty happy with the design, plenty of space in the pantry, bedrooms are a good size, plenty of natural light in the living space. Definitely happy that we changed the ensuite layout.

There are a few things we'd go back and change, probably put a window in the pantry as its quite dark and minimise the size of the entry to the hallways due to difficulties in finding a lounge that fits.
sarahmarie
Hi Tyson

Sorry for the late response, i dont really come on here anymore.
Yep Andy is our SS, he has been great so far. We had an issue with our tiling and he got it fixed within a few days. Tradies have been pretty good, just a few minor issues that were fixed straight away. We have an independent inspector which has been amazing.
We are about 6 weeks out for completion so weatherboard on the facade is going on and we wont be far from installation of shower, sinks etc.

Pretty happy with the design, plenty of space in the pantry, bedrooms are a good size, plenty of natural light in the living space. Definitely happy that we changed the ensuite layout.

There are a few things we'd go back and change, probably put a window in the pantry as its quite dark and minimise the size of the entry to the hallways due to difficulties in finding a lounge that fits.

Oh awesome thats good to hear , not being able to walk through a display home was a big gamble which we also took but im happy to hear that you are happy with it
ours should start in the next week or so !
who did you use for a independent inspector i really want to use one also and we are in similar areas .
Yes, I definitely know the feeling of taking a gamble. So hard to visualise when there is no display home but its worked out well so far
How exciting that you will be starting soon! What facade did you guys choose? I will post a picture of our facade once the weatherboard has been completed.

We went with Adam from Detail Building Inspection - https://detailbuildinginspections.com.au/
He has been super easy to work with, I've just notified him when we receive an invoice and he contacts the SS and organises to go out and conduct an inspection and then emails you the report. When things have needed to be fixed the SS has followed in up and then sent the inspector pictures so he can approve them.
sarahmarie
Yes, I definitely know the feeling of taking a gamble. So hard to visualise when there is no display home but its worked out well so far
How exciting that you will be starting soon! What facade did you guys choose? I will post a picture of our facade once the weatherboard has been completed.

We went with Adam from Detail Building Inspection - https://detailbuildinginspections.com.au/
He has been super easy to work with, I've just notified him when we receive an invoice and he contacts the SS and organises to go out and conduct an inspection and then emails you the report. When things have needed to be fixed the SS has followed in up and then sent the inspector pictures so he can approve them.

I agree haha it has made it that much more exciting though
very excited to see some progress pics of yours !! We went for the Allandale facade how about you guys??
Fantastic i have just sent them a email for a quote
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum