Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

FIRST HOME – METRICON WINCHESTER 28

Page 9 of 10
Good luck! Do you have kids or is it just the two of you?[/quote]

I have 2 girls. They are sad to leave their friends and school here. Husband will only join us before Christmas. He still have work here.[/quote]

That’s tough. I hope you get into your house soon, as it is hard to be living out of suitcases when you have kids.[/quote]

Yes, I am a bit stressed because of this. Everything was planned but now have to think of what to do in case really can't have handover before Christmas.
18 December 2018 - 183 days (Week 26)

After so much drama with M and our bank, we finally got our keys!!!

We found some minor defects that were not fixed and SM told us to put up a list under the 90 days warranty. I also found new defects which were not in the final inspection. Will put all together and send to M.
Kimmykim

We found some minor defects that were not fixed and SM told us to put up a list under the 90 days warranty. I also found new defects which were not in the final inspection. Will put all together and send to M.

Congratulations!! Will you be moving in before Christmas? What a beautiful home! I absolutely love love love your large timber step at bottom of stairs!
shokel1975
Kimmykim

Congratulations!! Will you be moving in before Christmas? What a beautiful home! I absolutely love love love your large timber step at bottom of stairs!

Thanks! Most likely. The curtains and blinds will be installed today. Tomorrow our furniture will be delivered then electrical appliances on Friday. I need to pick up my pendant lights from Beacon as well this week!
Congratulations! It's like deja vu looking at your house

blackcat20

Haha! I know right! Thanks Blackcat! I love your DIY landscape so much! We are going to have hard time on that.

It's going to be a big job! πŸ˜“
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Haha! I know right! Thanks Blackcat! I love your DIY landscape so much! We are going to have hard time on that.

It's going to be a big job!
You're going to need a lot of soil

Congrats kimmy, looking beautiful. That timber step is rocking.
blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

It's going to be a big job!

Yes.... πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Yes.... πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

We put 15 cubic metres into our back yard. I thought it was a lot but it got used up so quickly.
Wild
Congrats kimmy, looking beautiful. That timber step is rocking.

Thanks! We love the stairs very much too!
blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Yes.... πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

We put 15 cubic metres into our back yard. I thought it was a lot but it got used up so quickly.

Don't think I can do that by myself. Hubby only coming this Sunday. Thanks for the information.

I was only told by Metricon that we need to get our own power supply yesterday and now we are hoping the service provider will connect us with power as soon as possible which they told us 3 - 5 business days. πŸ˜“ We still have the electricity now but not sure when M will disconnect it. How was yours at that time?
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Don't think I can do that by myself. Hubby only coming this Sunday. Thanks for the information.

I was only told by Metricon that we need to get our own power supply yesterday and now we are hoping the service provider will connect us with power as soon as possible which they told us 3 - 5 business days. πŸ˜“ We still have the electricity now but not sure when M will disconnect it. How was yours at that time?

Seriously? Ours was connected as part of the build and they just transfer the account to you at handover.
blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Seriously? Ours was connected as part of the build and they just transfer the account to you at handover.

I got this letter in the welcome pack.
Our blinds are up! Yeah!

We finally get our landscaping started today.

Good luck! It's hard work but totally worth it.

blackcat20
Good luck! It's hard work but totally worth it.

We got landscaper to do for us. I can't do it myself as husband is always not around. We need to spend more. I wish I can do it like you did.
Can't wait to see the plants in the garden bed!

Landscape is done! We are lucky to get this guy to do it for us. They worked from 7am to 6pm today. We are very happy with their work!

Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum